Label: Cable Recordings

Catalog Number: CABL013

Tracklist:

1. You-Boat

2. Jona

3. Day Before

Listen on sound cloud

CABL013_Johan_Afterglow_300x300.jpg

Swedish analogue electro-tech producer Johan Afterglow. Never afraid of keeping things simple, Johan often concentrate on the elemental ingredients of electronic dance music; the kick, the clap, the hihat and the bass never rushing things, building it up and breaking it down and everyone is invited to his dance.

Johan is a man of many musical faces, not a newcomer in the scene, and becoming a somewhat household name in remixing, production, DJing and hard, funky electro-tech, with releases on Capitol, Virgin, V2, EMI, Platform B, Farbenfroh, Klientele Music, 9 Records etc... Johan Afterglow shows that he's a man of many talents and tastes, ambition – expect anything from this guy!

Cable is proud to present Johan’s first for us – the “You-Boat EPâ€

DJ Support and Feedback:

Laurent Garnier: very nice mood on this whole ep Will play

Slam: 4/5"You-Boat". cool trax - will play -thanx

Terry Francis: 4/5"Day Before"tough track like it!!

Jens Lissat: Jona for me

Justin Harris (Freaks/ www.musicforfreaks.com): 4/5 jona is COOL! - will support

Doc Martin: "You-Boat"nice piece of dub

Oscar G (Murk): nice one! like some of the acid feel on "day before"

ARA Soundsystem: 4/5 Nice track from Johan. Deep stuff on the afterhours vibe. Day Before is the one for me. I dig the groove.

Nik Feral: 4/5 Day Before is the one for me!!!! I'll be playing this.

Dave Mothersole: 4/5'you boat' is really cool. nice, deep far out house groove. 'day before' is good also. thanks.

Tom Novy: 4/ 5 "Day Before" I like this crazy track!

DJ Meri (Rulers of the Deep): 5/5 Just Fantastic Stuff!!! 156% Support!

Chloe Harris: 4/5great tunes. all interesting and different

Hakan Ludvigson: 4/5 “Day Beforeâ€! Nice acid stuff, this is brilliant for mixing in and changing up a techno set gone dull! I'm supporting this.

Roberto Rodriquez (Frozen North Sauna Sessions): 4/5 You-Boat is really nice!

Franco Bianco (Dilek Records, Multivitamins, Hypercolour, Unfoundsound): You Boat is deeeeeeeeep!!! I really like it!

Flash Brothers: "Jona" Nice tech house!

Mihai Popoviciu (Highgrade, Level Non Zero, Hudd Traxx, Fear Of Flying): 4/5 you boat is very nice, deep and dubby!

Quartz People: Favourite Track: Day Before - 4/5nice hard beats with a sick bass line!.Great tool for moving any dance floor.

David Casto (WSKS FM, Chicago): “Jona†Will add to my mixshow

Half Stereo (Dinamo.fm): 4/5 nice layout and uplifting soundsapce. quite dark as well. i like it.

Oscar (KarateKlub /Lordag / Material Series): 4/5 will try out Jona - thanks!

Ed2000 (solar lounge berlin / spindler+klatt / maria / bln.fm/ www.dangerous-drums.de): 4/5 its the first track ! (You-Boat) full support . will play it a lot as im orientation heavily in the direction of longer slower trax... but all three trax will get exposure

Additional support:

Richie Hawtin, Chris Fortier, DJ Misk (AltroVerso Radio)

Press:

Grant Paterson (Edinburgh News): 5/5 The Day before is a fantastic slice of deep minimal acid tech. Love it and I'd love to see the reaction when this is played out! Big analogue chords and bubbling undercurrent of acid waves - I will be reviewing this meaty monster filled with frills and spills!

Available at:

image.jpg

dtd_logo_120x24.jpg

djd_with_url_147x38.jpg

djtunes_120x30.jpg

Juno.jpg

Zero Inch

iTunes