Label: Fresh Meat (FMR 36)

Available now only on vinyl 12" from Juno Records

4933320618_7d9603a679_m.jpg

Track List (click to listen to song previews):

Side 1

A - Call Of Grace

Side 2

A - Call Of Grace (MANIK Remix)

B - Call Of Grace (Milton Jackson Remix)

4932727661_383093cbfd_m.jpg

Audio Soul Project's “Call of Grace†marks a new beginning for Fresh Meat. This single is the start of our ongoing 'Vinyl Only' series. Those of us laboring at FMR HQ love the weekly ritual of buying music at local record shops. It just feels right that our little imprint fully support this love affair with wax.

The original “Call of Grace†is a soul stirring tune that features vocals by Chicago mainstay Ron Carroll; a man with decades of experience. Starting with subtle improvisations, Carroll's chant “Raise your hands†evolves in layers, invoking believers to the dance floor. Mazi's latest production is the antithesis of derivative music choking digi-shops. Live percussion, 909 cymbals and kick, stacked claps and rhythm effects all chug feverishly under layers of organ, piano and synthesis. Orchestral string stabs escalate the vibe completing a statement emblematic of the Windy City.

It took some time to find remixers for this package. Our debut tribute to the phonograph needed exactly the right feel; timelessness. Inspired by his impeccable Drink Your Juice EP, we thought MANIK would fit the bill. We weren't wrong. MANIK's version is low slung and beautifully down tempo NYC deep house. Clocking in at a smooth 116 beats per minute, this elegant remix utilizes skippy electric pianos, staccato bass notes and signature vintage drum machine cadences.

Freerange wunderkind Milton Jackson brings this package home with a shining example of why his skills have been in demand year after year. Loose fluttering beats accompany three levels of bass echoing Glenn Underground's classic “Detroitismâ€. Warbling tight pads juxtapose against synth stabs completing the foundation for Carroll's uplifting vamps.

This music comes from our imagination - a tale of three cities. The vinyl makes it real.

4933320574_34106590be_m.jpg

SELECTED FEEDBACK:

Jimpster - Yes! Brilliant release here! Original mix is superb but MANIK's mix is really special, loaded with funk and raw energy. MJ gives a nice tech tough too.

Soul Minority - Great EP. Can't pick a favorite, I love all 3 versions of the track ! Thanks a lot for sending!!!

Deetron - Great vocal, love the original mix!

Sasse (Mood Music) - WHEH - hot package, like all mixes but if I had to pick up one it would be the Original - amazing vibe and vocals are amazing. But all mixes are solid, will support big time. Want vinyl!

Franck Roger - Milton mix is rockin.

Shur-I-Kan - Manik, MJ and Audio Soul Project in one pack with this you are really spoiling us ambassador!

Dubfire - Thanks! 5/5

Damian Lazarus - Good one!!!

D'Julz - All mixes are dope , great release.

Anthony Collins - Very nice ep.

Nils Nuernberg - Very cool release of one of my favorite labels. All mixes extremely solid. Milton's remix sticks out the most for me.

Charles Webster - MANIK mix is cool old skool vibes. Will play...thnx.

Chris Duckenfield - Original mix all the way, beautiful groove.

The Timewriter - Feeling all three tracks with my favourites being MANIK's and Milton's Mix. Very nice stuff.

Danny Tenaglia - Thanx!! 4/5

Paolo Mojo - You've outdone yourself my man. original mix all the way. Massive.

Deepchild - Loveliness, as always from Fresh Meat! Milton Jackson remix is the pick for me.

Luke Solomon - SICK SICK SICK!

Jonas Kopp - Excellent Ep , love the Milton Remix , super Chicago direction , also I´ll play the MANIK rmx.

Florian Kruse - I'm so happy to see Milton is back with his first remix in 2010...and I LOVE IT!

Nico De Ceglia - Nice to hear new material from ASP, I'll play it out tonight for sure.

Giom - It's all about the amazing Milton Jackson mix here, absolutely loving that one. Full support from me. Another sweet release.

Ben Watt - Rich summer sound.

Robert Owens – Love it!

Sebo K – Will play the Milton Jackson remix.

Doc Martin – Very good stuff indeed.

Motorcitysoul - Lovin the remixes...cheers to my man MJ! But my pick here definitely is the original, work it!

Links to other shops that carry Fresh Meat vinyl: Decks.de / Gramaphone Records / Baserecords / News / BM Soho

http://www.freshmeatrecords.com