Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Scott Henry at Buzz last night

janky

Last night was amazing. Really, that's all you need to know. But, I'll elucidate a bit. Since Ultra Records and Scott Henry were

promoting the release of his new CD "Buzz: The Sound Of The Nation's Capital", we knew it was to be a big night and we didn't take

our chances arriving late. Thus, around midnight or so, we left for Buzz.

Upon arrival at Buzz, my lads [Krish, Pete, Jenny, and Eric] and I immediately noticed the decor was brilliant. The entire place had been

downed with vibriant colored ornaments hanging from the rafters. It was aesthetic. Buzz has touted August element month. Each Friday

of August carried a different theme with last night being Earth. Thus, the promoters brought in RKM Visual Performance to "provide an

entire installation of visual stimulation".

On the decks in the main room was Barry Weaver [Funky Techno Tribe/San Diego], a DJ I had not heard of prior to last night. Wow,

he was fucking good. I immediately decided to hit the dancefloor and with pure energy we danced our asses off until we came up.

Around 2, Scott Henry approached the booth and the crowd was roaring intensely. At last, he took the helm and judging by the first

two tracks he grooved, I knew it was going to be an amazing night. The first track was Underworld's 'Cowboy' and the second was

(my current favorite track) Trisco's 'Muzak'. From that point forward until around 5:30, Mr. Henry flooded the dancefloor with

incessant pounding progressive house and trance. The bouncers were simply left fending for themselves swimming in a sea of complete

bliss. Scott Henry created Buzz and last night, we praised him. Thank you Mr. Henry!

http://www.electrophobic.com/Journalistic/000819.html