Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubs in D.C. - help a Jersey Guy out..

copleyc

velvet nation is pretty much all gay. a few straight people around but mostly built gay guys with no shirts on. music's OK though.

Friday night is better that week (Dave Seaman and Seb Fontaine are at Buzz/nation) if you can make it down then.

never been to glow but the crowd put me off the one time I was going to go there; music sounded OK though.

2:k:9 - tried to get in here the other week; really mixed group of people; dress smart!

Platinum is OK - but people shuffle around rather than really dance.

there's a new club called '5' which has just opened in Dupont circle (corner of 18th st & connecticut ave); also a club called Red which is in the same area on jefferson st I think (check the club search thing). If you go out in this area then you've got the advantage of some good bars (Dragonfly, 18th St Lounge) all in the same area to go to first.

last saturday we ended up driving over to Baltimore at 3am to go to 1722 (crackhead dive but good music)then on to afterhours at Plush (even more crackhead but fun...)

try <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.dcnites.com" TARGET=_blank>www.dcnites.com</A> for an idea of what's on.

have fun!

------------------

shoe.GIF

[This message has been edited by dirtyslapper (edited 09-19-2000).]

Guest bumps

Whats up People.?

I will be down in Baltimore w/ my girlfriend the last weekend in September. I think I will have to make a trip down to D.C. to get some club action for Saturday night. I usually hit S.F. Exit ,Vinyls, these type of NYC clubs when I get out. So I looked around clubnyc and found a few places.

Glow Saturday @ Zei

VelvetNation@ Nation

Platnium

2:k:9

Anybody with any comments or info about these places would be much help. Thanks in advance.

bumps

Guest bumps

cwm7.gif

Hey Slapper thanks alot for the info..

Question- Those places you mentioned in Baltimore are they both afterhours spots? Sounds like I may stop in on my way home from DC saturday night.

bumps

1722 opens at 2am - it's supposedly a "members" club but I've never known anyone not get in. it's pretty small but good fun; Plush opens at 6am and goes on until 10:00ish. Nation is open until 6am both nights too.

Actually try looking at the thread on the DC page "Baltimore on the move" or something like that - the guy who DJ's at 1722 is on there so you could private message him to get the address and more details.

[This message has been edited by dirtyslapper (edited 09-20-2000).]

I can never remember what the road name is... I think I've got a flyer at home though so I'll let you know tomorrow. cover is $20, bar is open which makes up for the fact that it's the sketchiest place around. fun though. sometimes people dance, usually they're just all monged out.

There are a couple of clubs you may want to check out while your down here. The best area is Connecticut & 18th Str. for the type of music you like. I suggest you go to Ozio's which is a good place to start you evening off, $10, 5 floors each play different music, dress..trendy, calm enviroment, on M Str., you can ask anyone in the area for these clubs. Next would be 1223, very trendy, very small, music is really good on Sat., no cover, gets pretty packed after 11:00, 1 small dance floor, upstairs VIP..not much going on up there, Then you might want to hit CLub 5 across from 12, trendy, very big, $10, 1st fl. house, trance, 2nd fl. mezzanine, 3rd fl. outside terrace hip-hop (better on Fri.), It reminds me of Zei club, better and older crowd, open util 5 or 6. If you want to hook up with my boyfriend and I and some friends let us know.........c-ya cwm11.gif