Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Scott Henry @ Buzz Last Night

janky

My review of Scott Henry @ Buzz last night.

It was on folks!

http://www.electrophobic.com/Journalistic/001118.html

Scott Henry @ Buzz November 17

------------------------------

The crew last night consisted of Krish, Brian, Pete and myself. Knowing that Derrick Carter was to spin from half past 2 until close and that Scott Henry was opening until Mr. Carter hit the decks, we decided to arrive early to hear the entire set from our favorite local DJ. I truly believe it was the earliest I have ever been to Buzz. When we arrived around quarter of midnight, only the front room was open and it was quite packed. But, soon thereafter, the staff opened the main room and folks flooded the main floor.

Now, before I proceed in discussing Mr. Henry's performance, we definitely need a preface. Since I am moving to Manhattan at the end of this month (Yes, Twilo, here I come.), yesterday was my last night at Buzz for what could be a long time. Thus, you can imagine my excitement when we found out Scott Henry was spinning. All that needs to be said is that Mr. Henry's set was the most amazing set I've heard in the last two and half years I've been in DC.

When we arrived on the main floor, the named superstar was already spinning some amazing hard trance. With my blue photons and my silver 'fly' glasses, I was instantly sent flying and so were my mates. Now, the reason I love Scott Henry so much is that his track selections are always dead on. I cannot even remember a single instance when I have heard him spin something I did not like. And last night, it was as if Mr. Henry could read my mind. He reached in and took my fantasy playlist directly from me and grooved all of my faves, including Saints and Sinner's "Pushing Too Hard", Simon's "Free At Last", Timo Maas' "Ubik" (Brian was all over this one), Trisco's "Muzak" (What an amazing rollercoaster ride of disco-trance!) and X-Press 2's "AC/DC". But, after all those tracks, I felt there was something missing and for some reason or another, Mr. Henry knew it. Thus, the track that sent me, my friends and all of the other folks on the floor truly ballistic was the Futureshock Mix of Underworld's "Cowgirl". I mean damn, there was a point during "Cowgirl" that I turned around to get a glimpse at what Mr. Henry was admiring and what I saw was a scene I will reminisce about for a long time to come. The dancefloor was a tumultuous wave of bouncers that had been overtaken by total bliss - a total bliss created by DC's greatest DJ, Scott Henry.

------------------

Disk 1, Track 08 of

'Communicate'