Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Van Dyke?

neal0803

I'm going to see him in NYC on the 10th too, so I'm hesitant about going to Mango on Wednesday. On the other hand it would be cool to say that I heard PVD spin twice (in two different cities)in less than 48 hours.

Has anyone heard about the plans for "5"? I think one of the guys who owns 5 also co-owns Nation (or something like that) and the plan was to have the DJ's from Nation come spin at 5 for after-hours. I know it won't happen but how cool would it be to hear PVD spin in a small setting such as 5 with only his hard-core fans?

<<<PEACE>>>

------------------

"I'll take my problems to the dancefloor!"

I was at 5 last Sat till closing (6am), and I also heard that the Djs from Nation were going to spin there...but there's no way that the big-hitters like PvD, Fontaine, even Scott Henry would spin there...too expensive. 5 is a nice club but by no means does it have the crowd to support a huge DJ.

------------------

Music saved my soul!

Thank GAWD for Twilo!

from Buzz...

"ok -- here's the situation.  wednesday, nov. 15, will be the last mango until the summertime.  paul van dyk will be here on nov. 8, and then bad boy bill will close out mango on nov. 15.

nov. 22 and nov. 29 are still scheduled, but not at nation.

jody of way out west and digital and mc rage will be at the recently opened venue, "5"  -- instead of at nation.  wednesdays are not a regularly scheduled night at "5" so the usual crowd on thursdays thru saturdays will NOT be there those nights."

so where are we going to meet on wednesday?? and what time does the pvd convoy hit the I-95 on Friday???

5 is a new club in dupont circle, near 18th st lounge, andalu, and red, at the intersection of 18th and connecticut ave. open until 6am; 3 levels; music variable but generally acceptable... or at least it is at 4am when you've got nowhere else to go. no actually it's OK - and they've got a great deck on top.

I'm driving down from new york and was wondering what the dress code is going to be like for PVD. I realy want to dress comfortably given that I am going to be on the road for close to seven hours (when you count all of the rush hour trafic leaving NYC). Also I probably won't be able to get there before 12:00. will there be a huge line by then?

Thanks

Dan

Originally posted by spinner:

I'm driving down from new york and was wondering what the dress code is going to be like for PVD. I realy want to dress comfortably given that I am going to be on the road for close to seven hours (when you count all of the rush hour trafic leaving NYC). Also I probably won't be able to get there before 12:00. will there be a huge line by then?

Thanks

Dan

Huge line by 12 am at Twilo? Yup... but you'll get in sooner or later.

Dress casual... jeans, cargos, sneakers... etc.

------------------

Dream a little dream... then go clubbing!

caveman.gif

Mango & Buzz (Wed and Friday) at Nation is more raver-like than Twilo...so basically you can dress anyway you want. There'll probably be a line by midnight but I can't imagine it'll be as bad as Twilo on Friday. 45min - 1 hour to get in sounds about right. BTW, Nation's security check is very strict.

------------------

Music saved my soul!

Thank GAWD for Twilo!

Originally posted by sosultan:

ezdreamer: dude, get some sleep before you respond to posts - this guy is drivinig from NY to DC's nation. As for dress code, dress anyway you like. Expect to see a huge line by 12 (like my man ezd said), but you should get in in about an hour.

Hehehe... shit, you know you're right... my eyes were glazed over... I saw PVD... and thought Twilo...

------------------

Dream a little dream... then go clubbing!

caveman.gif

Originally posted by raver_mania:

Mango & Buzz (Wed and Friday) at Nation is more raver-like than Twilo...so basically you can dress anyway you want. There'll probably be a line by midnight but I can't imagine it'll be as bad as Twilo on Friday. 45min - 1 hour to get in sounds about right. BTW, Nation's security check is very strict.

yeah, be warned about the security check. they haven't quite got as far as internal body cavity searches yet, but they're not far off..... all clothing inc. shoes is checked; cell phones are checked, lighters & cig. packets are checked.... everything...

so far there really haven't been any lines to get into nation on a wednesday, but i imagine for pvd there probably will be. do you really think it's going to take 7 hours from nyc? worst for me on a friday afternoon from dc-nyc has been 5 hours (and that included overshooting manhattan and ending up going through the brooklyn tunnel twice..... biggrin.gif)

come and say hello anyway - me and raver_mania will be dancing right next to each other without realising as usual....

line update from my friend.... true

"deep dish for the mango cd release party: not one person in line--in fact,

only the small dance floor was open.

halloween tuesday night extravaganza: five people in line (and the place was PACKED)

ltj bukem on wednesday night: two people ahead of us in the security line."

how about meeting up in the upstairs bar at 12:30(if it's open); if it's not, at the bottom of the stairs to the right of the dj booth as you look at it, in front of the dj bar door.

Hehe, Dirtyslapper...we'll probably both be heading to the meeting spot from the same location...it'll be like.."oh I was right next to you the whole night"!! Solution...I'll turn to every chick I'm dancing next to and ask them if they're "DirtySlapper"! Lol...

------------------

Music saved my soul!

Thank GAWD for Twilo!

Originally posted by sosultan:

does anyone know of a way to get on Nation's <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> </A> through online?

As far as I know, Buzz's guest-list is only for people associated with Buzz, eg, people who help promote Buzz or help out in any way. But I could be wrong...

(the cover is dirt-cheap anyway)

------------------

Music saved my soul!

Thank GAWD for Twilo!

personally, i have no idea what anybody here looks like, except for raver who posted his pic who was busy getting intoxicated all night...and weren't u suppose to having one of these rotating message toys that should've said dirtyslappa??

oh yeah, Judge Jules tonight -- yeah baby, yeeeaah!

Originally posted by dirtyslapper:

did anyone find anyone? I kept skipping 'twixt bar and dj booth but the place was so packed I gave up trying to find anyone... I stayed until 3 - don't know how much later he went after that.