Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Micro at 5

kramadas

Well, what can I say? Micro was off the hook the 11/2 hours we heard him. The reason for our late entry was due to the sophomoric, moronic behaviour of the bouncers at the door. Let me say that the club was not filled to capacity, and yet the bouncers would not let anyone in (other than their friends...that was so f**kin frustrating). Anyway, myself and about 40 other people waited outside for no less than an hour before we were finally let in...at this rate, 5 WILL lose its hard-core regulars - the people who go for the music.

Anyway, once we were finally let in, we went straight to the speakers, right in front of the DJ booth. There it was my pleasure to finally meet eggmok and g-money. BTW, where did you guys go? Micro dropped some great tracks, including "Fly like an Angel", "Muzak" and a track from the new MOA CD (track 10).

I have to say that the Hydroxycuts that I took to keep me awake kept me well energized till 5am...and this energy was much needed as the DJ who came on after Micro was very good. Does anyone know his name?

Anyway, all in all a good night except for the fact that we missed a good hour of Micro because of the imbecile door people. Maybe they can take lessons in efficiency from bouncers at places like Nation and Twilo.

------------------

Raving is a state of mind.

It has nothing to do with what you wear, how old you are or how you look.

Its all about the vibe!

Yeah raver-mania, it was cool to meet you at last! We had to bolt due to the garages closing at 3, which is yet another moronic aspect of clubbing life in DC.

Micro was ON for the couple hours I heard him, but other than your crew I bet you there were very few people who actually knew who was spinning. The DC crowds are just too stuck up and it sucks cause 5 could be a very cool venue. Holding a line outside for the sake of having a line will definitely turn people who go for the music off. They need to make up their minds whether they want to be more loungy like 1223 across the street, or more like a smaller version of Nation. For God's sake its still 18+ on Saturdays (I think). Maybe you could send an e-mail to management or something like that expressing your concerns.

Another thing, what's the deal with all the guys wearing blazers or suits there? If you just want to stand around and drink just go to 1223 or 18th St. Lounge or Ozios. I guess I just wish there was a more NYC type feel to 5, but I know that will never happen.

Let us know when you'll be going out again, raver-mania (Krish?) and we'll meet you out. At least I can count on you and your crew to tear it up true club style and maybe we can teach the DC scene a few things! Tenaglia at Nation on Wednesday?

<<<PEACE>>>

------------------

"I'll take my problems to the dancefloor!"

Hey, next time you should just park on one of the side streets (P or something)...its only like a 5 minute walk and you can leave whenever you want. I never park in the garages..its a total waste!

Yeah, I don't like it when people come to dance clubs dressed in suits and blazers. The crowd around us (right in front of the DJ booth) was actually pretty good...we got a nice little vibe going there. But, you're right, a lot of people there were there just cuz it was a club. Supposedly, Scott Henry's part owner so I can only imagine they'd try to make it a smaller version of Nation (plus bringing in big name DJs draws the right crowd). However, if they don't change their door policy to strictly first come, first serve with none of this BS of letting only some people in (eg, their friends) they're going to completely lose the kind of crowd which comes to dance to music. I wish I had an e-mail for 5 so I could tell them my concerns.

I'll be up in NYC for S&D@Twilo on Friday. Are you guys going up too? Hey, thats awesome you remembering my name...unfortunately I cannot say that I have that good a memory (plus I was really drunk). What are your and eggmok's real names again?

Till next time!

------------------

Its all about the vibe!

ohhhh - guess what, I was right next door - in Andalu. at Deep Dish's private party - ha haha hahaha

(really, and it was EXCELLENT. drinks are bloody expensive though)

who's going to nation on wednesday then? I will be bringing my twirly thing that reads DIRTY SLAPPER...

Wow, DirtySlapper, I see that you're moving UP in the music world. How did you get into Deep Dish's private party - do you know them? Were they spinning? Damn, it must have been an impressive crowd...anyone big there?

------------------

Its all about the vibe!

Is Tenaglia gonna be at Nation on Wednesday or not? If so I hope its not one of those deals where he only spins for 2 hours then someone else takes over. Dirtyslapper, soulstan, anybody, let me know!

Krish, what time did you leave 5? BTW, G-money=Giancarlo, Gian or just G & eggmok=Rodrigo, Rod, or just Rigo. No Sasha & Digweed this weekend, but I'm thinking about coming back for 5 on Saturday. I forgot who was spinning though. Anyways, I think Sandra Collins is there on December 8. I think the key to enjoying 5 is staying on the dance floor and avoid the bar and stupid reserved table areas.

<<<PEACE>>>

------------------

"I'll take my problems to the dancefloor!"

I know a guy who knows a guy who works at yoshitoshi.... it was really good - Andalu is tiny so there can't have been more than 150 people there; great vibe; didn't spot any major celebs apart from Ali and Sharam and yes they were spinning. wish I could say I knew them personally, but it was just a lucky call....

G-

I believe Tenaglia is spinning but its along with several other DJs...not sure how long his set is though. Again, really sorry about missing your names (though now I remember you telling me your name). I believe Oakey is spinning at 5 before(?) Nation, and Scott Henry is going to be spinning on Sat. Yeah, the trick is to stay near the front (DJ booth) to get the good vibe. We ended up leaving at 5:30am cuz Brian was really tired.

DirtySlapper -

Thats super cool - going to a private "rave" where Deep Dish were spinning!! So, you get to meet them at all? Hey, I definitely need to hang out with you then smile.gif.

------------------

Its all about the vibe!

Wed night I'll be driving to WEstern PA through snow and sleet. SUX!! But at least it'll be a relaxing couple of days before the wild NYC weekend!!

------------------

Its all about the vibe!