Clubplanet Nightlife Community

IDEA: Pls all DC people respond!!

kramadas

Well, I was thinking - why not have a dinner meet-up like the folks in NYC do?? Maybe we can all vote on a place and day? Personally I prefer later in the week, so how about maybe Wed or Thurs next week?? And then if we all get along go somewhere for a drink.

C'mon guys lets do this..doesn't hurt to make new clubbing buddies!!

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Cool, then its set? Wednesday, 12/20 at the Daily Grill? How does 8pm sound? Hey, if eggmok knows the bartender, thats all I need..lol!

To anyone who's been there - do we need to make reservations? I'll probably be bringing a couple of friends too, so it might end up being a relatively large group.

flux - whats the exact address of Rendezvous? I'm going to a friend's company Christmas party first (at Cities) but can probably stop by later. Hehe..just look for an Indian dude dressed in a suit! Damn, maybe I should change in the car or something!

Laterz all!

BTW, flux, what do you look like?

------------------

Nietzche

[This message has been edited by raver_mania (edited 12-14-2000).]

Next Wednesday is cool and hopefully Marcus is working so he can hook us up. I vote for Cafe Asia first, (there is also one in DC) and Daily Grill is a good second option. I don't think we'll need a reservation unless its an obsence amount of people.

Krish, we'll work out the details, cool?

<<<PEACE>>>

------------------

"Everything is sweetened by Risk."

snoopy.gif

i don't know the exact address but it's on the corner of m street and connecticut?? . . .

g help me out, i'm having that same problem like trying to remember, shit now i forgot the name of the saint bar . . .

i'm sure we can get free drinks, i'll call down and see if marcus is working that night . . .

------------------

Life is too short to be small.

Well, I don't live in DC anymore frown.gif

But, raver_mania should know of Cafe Asia

(remember getting drunk off our asses

on my birthday???) very well. It's on

M and 19TH, just down from 5 and 18TH ST Lounge. The food is wonderful (try the ravioli dumplings as an appetizer. Amazing!) and it's cheap too (best part).

Too bad someone didn't own a big loft apt or some shit...you guys could bounce afterwards and burn those carbs right off...

Digweed.

------------------

4 9 7 23 5 5 4

you guys ever been to ren dez vouz in adams morgan?

its my friends bday and my boy is spinning...

no cover and resonable priced drinks kind of a hole in the wall and its all happening tonight Thursday the 14th... we should be there till about 12 midnight.. or so

if you are going to shoe tell me and i'll keep an i out for you.

oo oo I might be up for Rendezvous tonight if my hangover goes (did Dragonfly, Red, Blue Room, Red last night - in that order - and yes I did go to Red twice)

also up for dinner meet up - daily grill could be OK - and like you say it is close to everything...

[This message has been edited by dirtyslapper (edited 12-14-2000).]

that's a great idea ravermania . . .

if we go to daily grill i know one of the bartenders there so for all you alcoholics you will be set . . .

has anyone tried cafe asia here in rosslyn . . .

great food and awesome crowd . . .

let me know and the tag team will be there, me and g-money . . .

------------------

Well, last night was fun! Millele and I got to meet some more people from the board...flux and the ever elsuive dirtyslapper! Great meeting you two - sorry if I seemed a bit "out of it" but I was pretty toasted at that point, and also felt quite uncomfortable in that suit. We ended up going to 5 after that...it was cool. They played happy house till about midnight, after which they switched to hard house (with Ubik, SandStorm and Zombie Nation in between).

Look forward to meeting y'all again tonite...we'll probably have a bigger crew. Look for me in front of the DJ booth.

------------------

Nietzche

dudes i thought we're going to have a meeting next thrus...shit and i missed the one last night cause i had to study for fucking finals...anyway keep me posted on any changes, i'll be around

skateboarding is an art of the underground substance cwm23.gifcwm28.gifcwm23.gif

Carrie, you should come to Nation tonite cuz they have a great line-up. I believe Dirtyslapper, flux, g-money and eggmok will also be going.

I think we might go to 5 tomorrow night...but not sure.

ANyway, my pic is also up at:

htt://bbs.clubplanet.com/photos

I'll keep an eye out for ya where ever I go...

------------------

Nietzche

ok, which day are we meeting up and where . . .

there's still confusion wed. vs. thurs. and daily grill vs. cafe asia . . .

let's put this one to a vote . . .

i vote we all go to dirtyslapper's crib and have a pot luck on wed . . .

------------------

I say after-party at dirtyslapper's!!

How about this: dinner at Cafe Asia (in Dupont) say at 7:30pm, and then we can head over to Daily Grill or wherever for drinks.

Oh, this is on Wednesday, next week.

yah or nay?

------------------

Nietzche

1am..hmmm.. I was right in front of the DJ booth at Nation, as Leon Alexander stepped down and Timo Maas took over the decks. Night was pretty decent...not sure if it was me, or if it had always been like this (and me not notice), or just last night, but I thought the vibe was off. I really was not feeling the crowd...a lot of people weren't even dancing. Music was pretty good, though a mixture of genres....some nice progressive trance with periods of funky house and almost breaks.

Oh well, I guess 5 it is tonite...hope to be there by about 12:30/1am (to beat the line)..Carrie and anyone else - keep an eye out for me near the front of the DJ booth if you guys decide to go.

DirtySlapper - nice seeing you again. Though I was more drunk than I realized cuz I couldn't even talk properly.

------------------

Nietzche

China room in baltimore? now you're talking cwm32.gif

I was a regular there back in the summer. The music gets good (for baltimore) after 2 am., however dj is in bad need of some new records...

For those of you that never went, the club set up consists of two floors, one dance floor, vip room, and two bars. The dress code is no geans/sneakers, some guys show up in suits.

It's the only place in Baltimore that can compete with dc clubs.

p.s. I went there last saturday till close, music was kinda weak. Might check it out tonight if I get my club crew together...

Originally posted by carrieelisabeth:

yeah we might actually hit five tonight since it sucked last night, who knows. i think we are going to china room for afterhours in baltimore, its pretty decent, nice to see new people, ya know?

so i know all you guys listen to club music, what other groups do you listen to?

cwm32.gif

• 17 years later...