Clubplanet Nightlife Community

moving to DC from NY

andwhysee

What clubs do you usually frequent in NYC?

For a rave-club with top notch international talent there is Buzz@Nation on Fridays. Very similar to Twilo Fridays, except the crowd is a bit more raver.

There's also "5" in Dupont Circle which sometimes gets really good DJs(eg, Sandra COllins) on Sats. However, I have to say that the resident DJs there are also very very good, and lately I've been noticing an improvement in the vibe (at least after 4am or so).

Some other places: Zei club, Platinum (Crobett from LImelight spins there on Sats), a new club called Space (haven't been there yet), the Edge.

Can't compare NYC nightlife to here, but its not to shabby.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

i usually goto exit, limelight, webster hall, culture club etc(im 26 and fond of clubs playing 80s music). so im not a raver kid.. im just looking for clubs to have good time as a professional single. i usually leave clubs around 3:30 and i care much about the crowd than music since i've seen so many bums in ny clubs. im into straight mostly american crowd.

Originally posted by raver_mania:

What clubs do you usually frequent in NYC?

For a rave-club with top notch international talent there is Buzz@Nation on Fridays. Very similar to Twilo Fridays, except the crowd is a bit more raver.

There's also "5" in Dupont Circle which sometimes gets really good DJs(eg, Sandra COllins) on Sats. However, I have to say that the resident DJs there are also very very good, and lately I've been noticing an improvement in the vibe (at least after 4am or so).

Some other places: Zei club, Platinum (Crobett from LImelight spins there on Sats), a new club called Space (haven't been there yet), the Edge.

Can't compare NYC nightlife to here, but its not to shabby.

hey, if you like 80's music you have to go to heaven and hell in adams morgan . . .

thursday night is 80's night . . .

i've been and they play no, dm, and all that new wave fun stuff . . .

haha, i'll go for shits and giggles . . .

we're looking forward to having you here . . .

------------------

Life is too short to be small.

Funny, I just did the exact opposite move.

Went from DC to NYC and am having a ball.

Of course, NYC doesn't really compare

to DC but I had fun while I was in DC.

For awhile, it was Wednesdays and Mango!

@ Nation, sometimes Thursdays @ Platinum

(although I really didn't get much out of the pretentious crowd there) and definitely

Fridays @ Nation when I wasn't making the drive up the NJ TPKE for Twilo...

------------------

4 9 7 23 5 5 4

You'll love DC,it's much more quaint and laid back than NYC,of course you won't find the excitement the nightlife in NYC has to offer but DC isn't that bad either..check out the Addams Morgan and Georgetown areas at night...you'll like it.Not sure too much about clubs,but definately some people here may be able to tell you better than I.But culturally,it's wonderful...so many nationalities all in one place...reminds me of NYC.

Have a Happy <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/newyearseve/">New Year eve</a> ryone from Manhattan!

cwm30.gifcwm29.gif