Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Live Dance Acts?

vixenfoxxy

Hey everyone! General Survey Question: What do you think of the idea of live dance acts at clubs 1) for special events? and 2) on any given night? Basically what I am talking about here is a feature performance by a college dance team (sort of like the Laker Girls or Knicks dancers) which is about 3 minutes long. We did this before at a major holiday party at one of the DC clubs, and we seemed to get a very favorable reaction. But I'd like to know from all of you what your opinion is on live dancers at the clubs. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

~VF

------------------

"When you're feelin' good in somebody's spot, gettin' hot, don't stop, just don't think I'm not!" ~Candy

the only live dancers show that i've been was at Sound Factory. The show was so hot about 15 minutes into it the whole dancefloor became silent as everyone was watching the 4 erotic dancers (2 couples). The guys were jacked and the girls looked really good, all in all it was incredible.

Also, in addition to the dance question above, do any of you have any DJ's or live acts that you'd particularly like to see down in DC? Let me know! Thanks!

~Vixen

------------------

"When you're feelin' good in somebody's spot, gettin' hot, don't stop, just don't think I'm not!" ~Candy

cwm30.gif

We would absolutely *love* to, but we don't want to perform to an audience that doesn't want to see us, if ya know what I mean. Our last performance was at a special event, it was kind of fitting. We'd love to be out there again though! cwm35.gif

------------------

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy:

cwm30.gif

We would absolutely *love* to, but we don't want to perform to an audience that doesn't want to see us, if ya know what I mean. Our last performance was at a special event, it was kind of fitting. We'd love to be out there again though! cwm35.gif

Well, why would it be an audience that wouldn't want to see you? I mean, if they're there then they want to see you right? smile.gif

But I agree its better if its for a special event. BTW, what sort of performance do you guys do? Is it more club oriented (eg, the crazy acts done at clubs like Exit) or can it be tailored to any occassion?

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

I suppose you're right on that much cwm26.gif Thanks! As for what we do, we're really supposed to be a dance team for halftime shows at the basketball games, but we different routines for different occasions. (note: we aren't cheerleaders, nothing like them in fact). The routine we danced at Platinum had a lot of floor work, which has a certain suggestive effect to it. Unfortunately, our DJ at Platinum didn't have a mic and couldn't announce us, so a lot of people caught on a little too late to catch that part of the performance. If you want to check us out, I'll give you the dates of some performances coming up, we'd love to have you there!

------------------

I suppose you're right on that much cwm26.gif Thanks! As for what we do, we're really supposed to be a dance team for halftime shows at the basketball games, but we different routines for different occasions. (note: we aren't cheerleaders, nothing like them in fact). The routine we danced at Platinum had a lot of floor work, which has a certain suggestive effect to it. Unfortunately, our DJ at Platinum didn't have a mic and couldn't announce us, so a lot of people caught on a little too late to catch that part of the performance. If you want to check us out, I'll give you the dates of some performances coming up, we'd love to have you there!

you should have raver_mania do the photon lights with you ladies . . .

------------------

Life is too short to be small.

We're actually considering the possibility of a routine using glow sticks. You people will have to teach us some tricks! cwm9.gif

Hehe...you got the experts eggmok and G-money with the glowstix..after all, eggmok, single-handedly battled it out with the NYC gang and won!

Seriously though you should come to 5 or Nation one of these days. I still want to get another dinner meet-up going...but we'll see how many people are interested.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche