Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ECI Presents 5 Thursdays!

vixenfoxxy

Hey everyone! Just thought I'd let you all know that we're starting a new party on Thursdays at 5. Our grand opening is this Thursday, January 25th. Doors are opening at 9:30. Sooo... if you're looking for a way to amuse yourself on Thursday, do come check it out, and come introduce yourself if you can find me! (Ask around for Aly)

cwm9.gif

------------------

"When you're feelin' good in somebody's spot, gettin' hot, don't stop, just don't think I'm not!" ~Candy

To tell you the truth, I can't guarantee what our DJ's will be spinning. Darryl T will have the main room, and he has the capability to spin some excellent stuff, but depending on what he's told to do, he'll be spinning accordingly. I think for the first week they're going to mainstream it a little anyway. Tell me more about what the original Thursday night was like, and I will pass your suggestions along to my company. It may be the case that you'll be better off next week when I can have time to get my suggestions through. cwm20.gif

Things have been way too wacky lately for me to get anything worthwhile accomplished. If you want to find me, I could give you a description or I'll just post my ridiculous picture here (the only one I have scanned is kind of laughable, but if you want it, I'll post here, just promise not to laugh!).

Suggestions, Suggesions all of you!!! Give me your thoughts for Thursday nights! (That includes guest DJ's)

------------------

"When you're feelin' good in somebody's spot, gettin' hot, don't stop, just don't think I'm not!" ~Candy

Actually THursdays they usually start the night out with some happy/disco house, slowly moving on to prgressive house/trance with some hard house thrown in. Definitely not mainstream stuff, and the crowd seems to dig it. Examples:

Baguio Track, Silence, AC/DC (the song by Xpress 2, not the group), etc..

and more on the commercial side:

Sandstorm, Zombie Nation, etc..

I can't remember any more track names right now, but I'll let you know if I do.

Hmmm...I can name a lot of guest DJs, but they're all pretty big, eg:

Digweed, Sasha, Danny Howells, Nick Warren, Luke Slater, Paul van Dyk, Richie Hawtin, Anthony Pappa, Deep Dish (though Deep Dish reside in DC).

But, closer to home, how about:

Jeff Mills, Scott henry, Micro, X-Dream...

Those are just a few suggestions. Also, in terms of advertising (you probably know this already smile.gif) I'd say, when you have big name DJs, you should advertise at the places you usually do, as well as Nation and the Edge. A lot of people go to these places for the music and DJs, and if you get big names at 5, they'll definitely come.

Whew, those are my suggestions. Hope they're not too corny..

BTW, yeah, sure post your pic. My pic is already up..go check bbs.clubplanet.com/photos.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

i tried to post earlier, but i don't think it went through.

my suggestions for (attainable) dj's:

shawn ink!! (he spun at 5 in dec)

anthony pappa

sean cusick (spun at 1223 a couple weeks ago)

cass

slacker

also, it's still going to be free cover and rail drinks for ladies before midnight, right??

Maybe not this Thurs, but probably next Thurs. What do you look like?

Please, please tell me you guys are still going to keep the music mostly underground...like the music they normally play on THurs. I might actually have a heart attack if I hear anything remotely commercial...I guess I can go as far as ZOmbie Nation, but no further! smile.gif

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

[This message has been edited by raver_mania (edited 01-24-2001).]

OK, my friends totally dropped me on Thursday and I didn't even get to go to the opening of my own party! ARGH!!! So basically I have no info for you about the party was, etc. I'll go this week and get back to you about it. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions -- I'll work on bringing people in as soon as my company settles down and we can get things accomplished again (for some reason, everything is chaos over there). cwm24.gif

------------------