Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ATTN: Vixenfoxxy

kramadas

It used to be good...a nice mix of happy house/hard house/progressive house/trance (the most commercial tracks dropped are Baguio Track and Sandstorm), but starting last THurs there's a new party. I just pray that the music stays the same.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Hey! I got your message a little too late respond to yesterday. I was there for a while, but as of 11 pm it was still very quiet, then by 11:30 the whole place just filled up. I was up in the DJ booth for a while with Darryl, trying to see if anyone particularly stood out from the crowd as the Clubplanet People, but no such luck. Maybe you saw where I was: when you walk into the door on the main floor there are those little lounge area things with the chairs? I was sitting in the first one right next to the bar, but I was farthest away from the bar. I probably looked straight at ya as you came in without realizing it. I had a very unfortunate experience with a friend of my promotions manager who tried to take things way too far (and by means of coercion no less), and I was very upset cwm23.gif So unfortunately, I left early (around 12:30) but I felt very threatened and I was very angry so I think it was better to do so at that point. However, I'd love to hear your feedback on this party. I know things got a little mainstream for a while there: Darryl was spinning some excellent house and trance early in the night but the only people there to hear it were the promoters cwm6.gif

------------------

"When you're feelin' good in somebody's spot, gettin' hot, don't stop, just don't think I'm not!" ~Candy

Hey! I'm really sorry to hear about your bad experience! That sux! Is this dude someone you're going to be seeing around often...I really hate it when guys (or gals) think they're all that and try to get what they want through "any means necessary". They're so wrapped up in themselves that they can't handle the idea that if someone says "no" they really mean it!! Grrr!

We also got there pretty early, around 11ish, and yes, I probably walked right past you! I was wearing a dark blue long-sleeved shirt initially, but underneath that (I took the shirt off) I had a black T-shirt with "Caffeine" in white letters, on it. So, if you saw an Indian dude walking around with that sort of shirt, that was me.

Its funny, one of my friends, Millie, also somehow ended up in the DJ booth, later in the evening...did you by any chance meet her?

The music WAS good early on, but got way too commercial for my liking after about 12:30am or so. Do you think this will be the norm, or will Darryl try to move more toward the progressive house/trance side. AFter all, they do play hiip-hop in the upstairs tent.

All in all a fun night though - I was pretty drunk smile.gif!

I think we might check out Lil Loui Vega and Erick Morillo at Buzz tonite.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

[This message has been edited by raver_mania (edited 02-02-2001).]

hey, millie here. yup, i ended up in the dj booth, but it must've been after you left - i met and hung out w/ darryl from probably 1 til close. and yeah, he did go mainstream for a while, which i'm not into, but then went back to hard house for the last 30-45 minutes. we should definitely try and meet up again next thurs though. krish - it's okay - darryl doesn't normally do the mainstream thing. junior vasquez is one of his favorite dj's, actually!

oh yeah, since you were there early too, when the dance floor was empty, you might've seen us. we got there probably around 11, and i immediately jumped onto the speakers and started dancing alone (i was a little intoxicated smile.gif ). so you might've seen me - asian girl, pink sleeveless shirt, black vinyl pants? then my friend kelly, blond, wearning all black, jumped up and danced w/ me on the speakers.

Well, the asshole that messed around with me is someone I've never before last night, but he seems to be very good friends with lots of people through the company, and I would assume he'll be sticking around as a result. I doubt he'll try anything again but I don't think it's fair that I had to deal with that.

As for Darryl and what he spins, I will definitely suggest that he play more house/trance and less commercial junk. I agree that, with Trencher spinning upstairs, it should be no problem to play less mainstream stuff. Also, the reaction to the music in the beginning of the night was very positive. No one hesitated to get there and enjoy it, so I don't think there will be an issue of non-receptiveness there. I'm glad you enjoyed at least the first part of the night, and I'll definitely work to tailor it a little in the coming weeks. We should really have a meet-up sometime soon though, that way we won't pass each other by again! And of course, there is Saturday afternoon (see "Outside the club scene" or some topic like that below for details), you will definitely be able to find me then. cwm29.gif OK, off to class I go (ugh). Have a good time tonight (I will promoting another club so I'm gonna miss it, tell me how they are!)

------------------

"When you're feelin' good in somebody's spot, gettin' hot, don't stop, just don't think I'm not!" ~Candy