Clubplanet Nightlife Community

this past sat - glow

millele

this past sat, my friends and i went to glow to hear talla xlc and then pete moutso. the music was unbelievably amazing - all the way until 6am. however, the crowd absolutely sucked - first, it was wayyyyyy too crowded (although i did hear that 5 had to shut down way early due to a water main bust and therefore everyone went to glow), and second, glow is FILLED w/ the biggest creeps i've ever met - guys who won't leave you alone and give you those leering looks. ugh. it's too bad b/c i actually do love the music there, maybe on par w/ 5, but the crowd is the worst. the bouncers/promoters don't help either. for others who have been to glow, what do y'all think of the party?

I agree w/you. the men that go there are nasty. but who still goes for the hookup? i can't help myself. the music there is one of hte few places i've found that's consistently good. the production crew (panorma, i think) is trying too hard to make it into a "scene" club. they should try to bring in some names like Christopher lawrence again so that people who go to buzz on fridays can go to zei's/glow on saturdays. Anyways, were you ever in the vip lounge? my friend was there that night, big white dude amongst all the asians, trying to liquid (w/o success)?

------------------

"I wanna go out blazin...not fade away." - Freak Frequency

What time were you there till on Sat? Millele and I closed it out. So, near the end, if you saw an Indian dude and an Asian chick dancing - that was us.

Vibe sucks big time, though I loved the music. 5 has a much better vibe, in my opinion, and the music is also off the hook!

Lately, the vibe at Buzz has also been weird.

Of course...one word:

T - W - I - L - O!!

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

the gross guys definitely bring down the vibe of the crowd - they bother and pester you and don't understand that some girls just want to enjoy the music.

yeah, the 1 girl from panaroma handling the line (along w/ some others guys) had some attitude. when was christopher lawrence? i can't believe i missed that. i heard he spun last thurs at fever in baltimore, but i'm sorry, there's no way i'm going out there.

you should try going to 5 in dupont circle south, 18th and connecticut. thurs are okay but not great, but fri's and sat's the music is consistently really good(dj james on fri's and alex and buster on sat). however, it gets PACKED, like sardine-can packed, and the bouncers are the worst i've ever met. therefore go either before midnight (seriously) or 3am or later (it's open til 5:30 or 6).

and no, we didn't really go upstairs except for once. and raver_mania's post is right on, if you were there at the end of the night.

Originally posted by scratchapella:

I agree w/you. the men that go there are nasty. but who still goes for the hookup? i can't help myself. the music there is one of hte few places i've found that's consistently good. the production crew (panorma, i think) is trying too hard to make it into a "scene" club. they should try to bring in some names like Christopher lawrence again so that people who go to buzz on fridays can go to zei's/glow on saturdays. Anyways, were you ever in the vip lounge? my friend was there that night, big white dude amongst all the asians, trying to liquid (w/o success)?

Wow, does this post ever raise some questions! First off, the girl at the door, what does she look like? I think I know exactly who you are talking about, and yes, she is quite a biatch. Secondly, Millele, I think you were the one who said the promoters and bouncers didn't do anything about the low-class types: do you think that's something that promoters should do? I always felt that doing so would be kind of counterproductive. I mea, if I keep grabbing people by the collar every time they approach a member of the opposite sex, I kind of felt that would chase away business. Of course in extreme cases of people behaving poorly, we should probably be intervening. But I was never sure what my responsibility and obligation was in that kind of situation. Your opinions would be very helpful! And lastly, if you are having problems with this kind of thing, check out www.panoramai.com and go to their webboard. Post something attn:Antonis, he's a great guy, I'm sure he'd be interested to hear your feedback!

------------------

"When you're feelin' good in somebody's spot, gettin' hot, don't stop, just don't think I'm not!" ~Candy

well in response, i don't really think there's much that promoters can do - it would be blatant discrimination, plus it really is the business of the people involved.

i actually am on the panoramai listserve - do you work w/ them? i've just recently started to work w/ clubplanet about expanding its presence here in dc, and maybe we should get together and talk.