Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Five on Thursdays

malanee

Music is a lot more commercial on Thursdays...but hopefully that'll change.

I was there last FRiday, the music was really good...but the best is Saturday.

Originally posted by malanee:

What's the music like on Thursdays at Five? I usually go on Fridays, but find the bass annoyingly loud. Plus, the dj doesn't do any build ups to get the crowd going.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

The music was good last Friday? I haven't been in a few weeks, so maybe I should check it out again. Maybe I'll go on Saturday instead.

What kind of crowd is it on Th and Sat? And have you checked out the club that used to be Bablyon, next to Platinum?

Yeah, the music was definitely good on Friday...there were a few build-ups, but whats the use....there's usually NO reaction from the crowd!!

Thurs is a college party - so, college crowd. Crowd on Sat is slightly older...the vibe last Friday was pretty good I thought.

You ever been to NYC?

The music was good last Friday? I haven't been in a few weeks, so maybe I should check it out again. Maybe I'll go on Saturday instead.

What kind of crowd is it on Th and Sat? And have you checked out the club that used to be Bablyon, next to Platinum?

------------------

Nietzche

I'm a regular at TWilo (I should just set up a tent outside) - go almost every Friday, and some Sats, depending on the opening DJ. I've also been to Centro-fly, SoundFactory and WEbster Hall (in '96). Tunnel was da BOMB a couple of years ago, but now is completely dead! Lounges such as Liquids and JA play some really good music too.

But, there's nothing at all that beats the vibe and energy at Twilo - along with the world's best DJs, and one of the best sound systems on this planet.

Have you ever been to Buzz@Nation in DC?

------------------

Nietzche

Yeah, I've been to buzz quite a few times - but not as much recently. I like buzz a lot, actually. I've clubbed all over the world and quite honestly Buzz at Nation has had some of the best music/djs I've heard. But, the crowd is a little young for me to go there regularly.

Hey Eggmok - what's happening at Cafe Asia in Rosslyn on Thursdays?

yup, ravermania and i were at 5 last fri at the music got really good, and the crowd was better post 3am. that's pretty much the story at 5 - most people there go for the scene and don't know the music. but late late night you get the music-lovers and see the same people every week.

the place that used to be babylon is not volt. ravermania and i went a couple weeks ago on thurs - also college night. music was okay, but it's kinda a weird setup, ie the dance floor is next to the bar and the dj booth is tucked away in the back. also the dj spun some house but also mixed in some arabic and other weird stuff.

oops! that's supposed to say, the place that used to be babylon is NOW volt.

Originally posted by millele:

the place that used to be babylon is not volt. ravermania and i went a couple weeks ago on thurs - also college night. music was okay, but it's kinda a weird setup, ie the dance floor is next to the bar and the dj booth is tucked away in the back. also the dj spun some house but also mixed in some arabic and other weird stuff.

yup, we'll be heading to 5 tomorrow (thurs), but the music won't be as good. however, i thought that 5 was going to be closed fri and sat for the nba all-star weekend stuff. actually, i heard both buzz, 5 and volt will be closed, and that only glow @ zei on sat will be open on sat.

That's so true about the zero reaction from the crowd. The only time I've seen it there was for Okenfold - but it was definitely a different group of people - plus it was after 2:30am and most of the non-clubbers had gone home.

I've been to Twilo, Tunnel and Webster Hall in NYC. Twilo was incredible, although we made the mistake of showing up too early (midnight) and people didn't start coming until nearly 2:00am! I went to Tunnel several years ago and was in complete awe. It was the first warehouse type club I'd ever been to. I couldn't even dance. I had to just sit on the sidelines and watch! I hated Webster Hall, the cheese factor was enormous and I must have gotten hit on at least 50 times. Ugh!

How about you?