Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What to do in Baltimore?

scratchapella

I have to go up there on Friday/Saturday to drop a friend off. We're going to spend the whole day there, figure we should spend the night too. R_mania, you would know this, what's there to do at night in Baltimore? Where should we go?

------------------

"I wanna go out blazin...not fade away." - Freak Frequency

Scratchapella:

Well, if you're looking for the type of scene you find in DC...you won't find much in Baltimore. There's a club called "The Spot" which plays pretty decent music, also the "China Room" is OK (though IMO, the crowd sucks). There's a gay (though Fridays is very mixed) afterhours place called 1722 (Charles Street). Also, there's an after-afterhours place called Plush...I believe it opens at 6 or 7am and goes till 11am (never been there though).

I'm not sure of the exact addresses but should be pretty easy to look up on the Baltimore Sun Entertainment pages:

http://www.sunspot.net/

Millie - Never heard of CLub 6 or 7!!!??!

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Scratch,

Raver_mania is right, there really isn't anything around here comparable to DC...GoodLove Bar is good for loungin' and stuff...decent music...Spot and Enigma are right up the block and pretty good for some club tunes...China Room is ok for afterhours, but they close at 4am, and usually start emptying out around 3.30...

1722 is good, but a small floor...never been to Plush...

BTW, Club 6 is opening up in B-more...in the same area as Have A Nice Day Cafe/Bar of Baltimore (two spots you kinda wanna stay away from, although HANDC has a cool setup, but too much disco!)

And if for some reason you end up in Fell's Point, stop by Rodo's...I play tunes there on Tuesdays/Fridays (no comments from the peanut gallery!)...I'll hook you up with some CDs...

Peace,

Hal

www.geocities.com/djhaluk

Goodlove is excellent! Palomas on Eager and Cathedral Streets is really nice too, Drum n Bass band Big In Japan plays on Wednesdays. NEVER go to Plush, it is the most repulsive place on earth, and would be even worse when you're coming down from any night out.

here's what you can do:

friday night, check out Enigma, and then head down to 1722 for good music afterhours

saturday, check out goodlove bar (never been, but i hear a lot of good things about it), and then China room after hours (dress nice, club closes doors at 4)

enjoy.....

p.s. Ravermania, i'm with you on China rooms'crowd to an extent...You dont' see any thugs or tough-guys wanna be's, however a lot of women are stuck up (gold-diggers). I still go there often on saturdays.

[This message has been edited by sosultan (edited 02-08-2001).]