Clubplanet Nightlife Community

clubs this weekend???

divette

Hi divette... since the NBA stuff is going on the club scene is not normal this weekend... for example, on Friday night Buzz (a great place for Fridays) is closed to the NBA... If you've seen the previous topic post, we have verified that Club 5 is open on Sat night. They are having some special after party connected with the NBA starting around 2am, but I'd get there way before that... Other than that, I don't know what to tell you... hope this was helpful...

actually at 5 only ladies are 18+, guys are 21+ except on thursday nights.

glow @ zei is still happening this saturday, but the rest of the clubs got NBA stuff going on, including 5, but you might still be able to get in but i'd also go super early. however i also heard a rumor that 5 will be $150 on sat night b/c of the playboy party.

I think The Edge is open on Friday and Saturday too. Derrick Carter n Roy Davis (both Chicago names!) are gonna be there. I think it's $15 for cover, and 18+. The scene's kinda young but who knows? It'll probably be packed with all the other clubs closed. Does anyone else know what's open Saturday other than Zei's, 5, and Edge?

------------------

"I wanna go out blazin...not fade away." - Freak Frequency

Originally posted by malanee:

You might try Zei club - they are 18 and over and I've heard pretty good things about Saturday night, but haven't been myself. The clubs I've been to have been pretty strict with id.

Hope this helps!

DON'T GO TO ZEI CLUB - If your used to the ny scene, you will not like it. It's very small and the music's not that great. I've given it a few chances but it sucks, I'll never go back.

If I were you I'd check the washington post which lists all the special NBA events. loads of hiphop specials, but in the range of a gazillion dollars a ticket. Shaquille O'Neal is hosting a hip hop event at Nation at $50 a ticket, through ticket master.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/entertainment/front.htm

for house music the Edge is the only place to be tonight - Derrick Carter and Junior Sanchez. grotty warehouse club, crowd is usually very young, but should be different with those two headlining. I'm going.

[This message has been edited by dirtyslapper (edited 02-09-2001).]