Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A Clarification...

vixenfoxxy

...and only because there seems to be some confusion here, regarding Thursday nights at 5. No, it isn't the super-hardcore club scene there, but that isn't by accident either. We were looking to create a different kind of party there, because really, there are plenty of other parties in DC already competing for the "coveted" title of Coolest Club. 5 Thursdays is supposed to be entirely laid back, a mix of music that will provide something for everyone, ranging from trance to hip hop to, yes, even some ridiculous commercial stuff. There have been nights we've gone there and heard music we haven't heard since the 8th grade dance, but you know what? Everyone was dancing, simply because it's so rare to actually hear stuff like that, and it's fun to be just a little lax on your coolness competition sometimes. Try it, I think you'd be amused. And while it may not be a true club crowd, you will never have to sift through piles of rolling morons. The people are out there to have fun though, and they get that accomplished. So honestly, I have to say that I'm at least a little tired of hearing how the party isn't up to standard simply because it doesn't fit into the mainstream rat race of club coolness. Excused, we're entirely indifferent... cwm38.gif Happier things to think about!

------------------

"When you're feelin' good in somebody's spot, gettin' hot, don't stop, just don't think I'm not!" ~Candy

You're absolutely right. It's a different scene. I guess I assumed that most of us here are a little more hardcore - which isn't necessarily true. For someone who is up for hearing some pretty good, popular dance music - 5 on Thursdays is great. That's what I usually go up to Heaven in Adam's Morgan for - and it's the same thing. Laid back, a little more of a college crowd, etc.

Now, if you're heavy into the club scene and want to hear cutting edge trance, house, etc. - 5 on Thursdays isn't your place!

It's all about having choices, right? I hope I didn't offend - I just gave my honest opinion!

cwm20.gif

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy:

...and only because there seems to be some confusion here, regarding Thursday nights at 5. No, it isn't the super-hardcore club scene there, but that isn't by accident either. We were looking to create a different kind of party there, because really, there are plenty of other parties in DC already competing for the "coveted" title of Coolest Club. 5 Thursdays is supposed to be entirely laid back, a mix of music that will provide something for everyone, ranging from trance to hip hop to, yes, even some ridiculous commercial stuff. There have been nights we've gone there and heard music we haven't heard since the 8th grade dance, but you know what? Everyone was dancing, simply because it's so rare to actually hear stuff like that, and it's fun to be just a little lax on your coolness competition sometimes. Try it, I think you'd be amused. And while it may not be a true club crowd, you will never have to sift through piles of rolling morons. The people are out there to have fun though, and they get that accomplished. So honestly, I have to say that I'm at least a little tired of hearing how the party isn't up to standard simply because it doesn't fit into the mainstream rat race of club coolness. Excused, we're entirely indifferent... cwm38.gif Happier things to think about!

I have to disagree with one thing though...its not about "coolness"...in fact, I hate it when ppl walk around clubs trying to look "cool"...its about having the time of your life, and dancing like a maniac!

clubbing/raving is about the music and the vibe...never should be about looks or attitude!

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Whoops! somehow this got posted twice! cwm3.gif Guess that would be my bad! BTW, I'm not saying I have anything against the hardcore club scene, personally I love that equally as much, I just enjoy taking part in all aspects of the club scene, rather than just the hardcore arena cwm12.gif

------------------

"When you're feelin' good in somebody's spot, gettin' hot, don't stop, just don't think I'm not!" ~Candy

Thats totally cool VixenF, more props to you for doing that!

BTW, talking about hardcore - Friday at Twilo was a night for the history books! At one point a fire broke out and the party moved to the street with someone blasting Love in Traffic from their car!!!

After we were let back inside Digweed tore it up until 11am!

Guys who promote in DC - any chance you could try get Digweed to come here?

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche