Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DT/Digweed REVIEW?

Waste of money. I am so disappointed. I went a friend of mine and we kept on waiting for it to get better. Everyone was into it but I thought they must be on crack or something. The music was too slow for my taste. We went upstairs where the music was a little bit more tolerable around 4am.

Maybe you just don't enjoy the deep n dark stylins of Digweed. Sorry to hear that you didn't have any fun. yeah, it is kinda hard to fully experience the music w/o any stimuli. But not much rolling in DC clubs, so I'm getting used to it.

Anyone else had a different opinion?

digweed didn't spin his usual dark, progressive stuff. he went housier instead. i'll post what a friend of mine wrote about the night:

Digweed came on at 1. For me, it was a disappointing set. It felt

really mild. I know that Digweed takes his time but it was dragging

after 3 hours or so. Just my opinion.

But things turned around after 5.Digweed started to pick up. And when

Tengalia came on the whole place changed. There was so much more

energy in the club. I think the packed house needed something a lot

more physical.

The Tengalia/Digweed showdown was beautiful. Tenaglia for 10.Digweed

for 10.Tenaglia for 10.Digweed for 10. It went on like that for at

least a couple of hours.

Digweed finally gave his fans what they wanted to hear. I loved it

when he dropped Dirty Harry's Musica.

It was great to see Digweed dancing and waving to the crowd while

Tengalia was playing.

I love Digweed, but the truth of the matter is, the energy came from

Tengalia's presence.

He was amazing. Insane. Besides slamming the crowd with hard music

all night and day long, he was bouncing and giving the crowd a light

show with his big-ass flashlight. And screaming shit like,

"Remember! This is not a club! This is a motherfucking party!!"

At around noon. Tenaglia announced that Digweed was still in the

house. He waved from the booth with a big smile on his face.He was

drunk of his ass. He had the wizard hat on and started playing the

flashlight while Tenaglia kept slamming.

I have never seen so many people still going nuts on the dance floor

at 1 pm. There must have been at least 500 people still there.

After being completely exhausted from dancing like a madman, I left

around 2:45 or so. There were still at least a

couple hundred people still there. Maybe more.

ps for more reviews, check out the twilo message boards (www.twilo.com)

my pesonal review of the night was that although i respect digweed for stepping out of his usual style and spinning a slightly different style of music which many people love and adore, i personally prefer the darker stuff he usually spins.

dt, on other hand, was really really amazing. i just wish that either i could have held out longer (i left at 10:30), or that he would've played certain signature songs (aka Lady, Sweet Dreams) earlier.

all-in-all a great night, but IMO, not up to what a 6-yr anniversary party should've been. i had high expectations.

I loved it...those reviews pretty much sum it up...he was slow till 5am or so...and then the place just BLEW up!!! FUckin amazing, hard beats...tribal progressive with some trance and diva house. I have NEVER EVER seen Digweed so animated (I guess he was wasted...he was dancing, playing with flashlights, wearing a wizard hat)...

DT was off da hook. When you go to Twilo you really CANNOT leave at 4am...they won't play hard stuff all night long coz it'll tire the crowd too quickly...Twilo is all about the journey...like climbing a hill....seemingly slow at first but once you reach that cliff...BOOM!

DT wrapped up at 5:15pm SUnday evening.

I wussed out at 10:30am just coz I had to drive back later that day!

One thing I agree with though.,..I did not see many glowstickers...I've been to many raves and clubs but Twilo normally has the best glowstickers/light show'ers...I guess the most of them fall in the Friday night crew.

BTW, I hear that glowsticks are officially banned by the government coz "they promote drug use"...if this is true...WTF!?!?!?

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

[This message has been edited by raver_mania (edited 04-16-2001).]

I loved it! The Tenaglia/Digweed spin off was incredible! The people in NYC were some of the friendliest I've ever met! The club was amazing! No complaints here!

Plus - I got to meet some people from the DC and NY Clubplanet board!

Dooooh. Didn't meet up with any of you ppl. Who was supposed to be decked out in all pink? cwm20.gif

My friend and I were tired from walking around all day before going in. We rested a lot inside the club. Anyone see the girl with the leather pants but the back was cut out? You could see the full moon. It was yummy. cwm30.gif

yup i saw her too. ugh.

Originally posted by mcs328:

Dooooh. Didn't meet up with any of you ppl. Who was supposed to be decked out in all pink? cwm20.gif

My friend and I were tired from walking around all day before going in. We rested a lot inside the club. Anyone see the girl with the leather pants but the back was cut out? You could see the full moon. It was yummy. cwm30.gif