Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Glowsticks?

vixenfoxxy

OK, important question that I've had on my mind for ages and have always felt too stupid to ask. No laughing out loud! What's the deal with glowsticks -- is there a specific technique to it, or is it just a freestyle kind of deal? I've lately been sooooo tempted to try but I don't want to make an ass of myself, and it appears to be beyond the realm of my traditional dance training cwm20.gif I do believe someone mentioned "Glowsticks 101" in a previous post... I'm registering. Clue me! And stop laughing! cwm1.gif

------------------

"EVERYBODY wants to be ME!" ~Goldie Hawn, Overboard

Yah there is some kind of technique to it. I think the basics are getting down the figure 8 down. I picked it up after 3 outings. Then I just ask other ppl if I see a move I like. I never thought I looked good doing it until I got this webcam and recorded a clip.

There's another technique called tracing which I'm too uncoordinated to do. Something called popping which I can't describe either. They might be the same.

I'm not a good teacher tho but if you want I can try to teach you. Maybe someone else on here can help you out. cwm12.gif

cwm27.gif

It's ok. I felt the same way 2 years ago when I saw my friends doing it. MCS is right, it's kinda hard to describe it in words. I guess, I'm a "tracer", you just kinda "trace" parts of the body and let one hand follow the other. It's hella trippy for those rolling, that's why I love it! But you won't need a teacher, just grab a pair of sticks and move!

but to those peeps who string, MAD props! I tried it so many times before, and kept hitting myself all over cwm27.gif ! Now that shit makes for a crazy light show!

rolleyes.gif

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

dragon_pipe_e0.gif

I go places,I interact...

(What places?)

Certain, clubs. Like, Paradise. It's not bad.

It's just that feeling when you can take your shirt off and really dance. When the music owns you. Do you understand?

Hey, all you have to do is pick em up and start doing it ...its simple...the main idea is to try let one hand follow the other...thats how you get that "liquid" effect. Its pretty fun...and once you get good at it...its just amazing coz its your visualization of the music. Its a form of dancing I think.

BTW, if you're at glow tonite, look for a guy with blue and/or green photons...that'll be me.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche