Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anthony pappa at volt!!

millele

i meant to post something this, but i forgot. ty t and anthony pappa spun last night at volt, and it was AWESOME!!! while i am not a fan at all of volt (too small, weird setup for a dance club), i have to say that the weird positioning of the dj booth on the floor itself is cool for us to be up close to the dj. ty t spun until 1 (and he is now the resident friday night dj at volt, he no longer spins at 5), and then pappa took it over. i last saw pappa at twilo in december, and while nothing can compare to twilo's sound system and venue, pappa really tore it up last night at volt, and IMO was just as good as he was in dec. i don't know how long he spun until, b/c my friend got kicked out 2am so we all had to leave, but he was KICKING IT!!!!!! seriously - a fun fun fun fun time!!!!!!

nick warren/sander kleinenberg (sp?) was 2 weeks ago, i think, at volt (not vault), and it was also on a thurs, which was why i couldn't go (too much work at that time). mm, not sure about the production crew, but i can ask.

volt is the one next to platinum, yes the narrow lengthwise place. it is a weird venue to have a dance club, a better setup for a bar, IMO, but somehow i guess someone there has a hookup to these awesome dj's. it was only my second time there, and i still feel like it's a platinum-wanna be. but if they can bring in the big-name dj's, then awesome.

it's pretty small, though, and the bathrooms are pretty gross, more so than your usual club.

Is Volt the one next to Platinum? Is it the Volt or the Vault? That place is weird. It's good length wise but very narrow. Even smaller is when you enter the actual vault downstairs where I think they play music also. My bedroom is bigger than downstairs. But if the music is good as you say it might be a refrshing change just parking down there is awlays a major pain the ass. cwm10.gif

Didn't someone also go to a Sander Kleinberg and Steve Lawler event (at Volt)? Was that a Friday night, too? Dayamn, they've brought in some decent talent (I think Courbette from Limelight;s there regularly too). Which production crew's got Friday nights at Volt? Or was it a Global Underground party last time?

I knew that venue was gonna go places! See Sean, what did I tell you? Romeo just needs to step it up w/ visuals and sound, that's all. Will you please post something godammit?