Clubplanet Nightlife Community

'E'-News

mcs328

As a criminologist, I'm horrified at the ignorance portrayed in this article. Do you know how many violent crimes were attributed to ecstacy sales or use in 1999 in WA DC, one of the most violent cities in the US? Guess? Zero. That's right. Absolutely none. In fact, the ONLY crimes linked to ecstacy were those for selling or using. No burglaries, no robberies - nothing. Once again, our media is trying to make a story out of nothing. Frankly, I find it embarrassing.

From what I read from the article was the one guy in VA who was shot. Yeah it was for dealing and not using E, which is the point you're making(right?) but still it's something to think about.

I dunno about the roving gangs beating up people and stealing their goods at raves. I haven't seen it but again I don't get out much either. cwm30.gif

I guess my point was that the focus should be on the illegal trade of drugs and NOT on ecstacy as a drug that causes violence. It just irks me to see news report stories with a certain slant because it will sell better!

True that the focus should be on illegal drug trafficking but the angle is all about E in addition to the usuaul crack, MJ and whatever gets imported. Just like cocaine was basically plastered all over the place in its heyday so is E these days. I don't think they said E was a drug that made you violent but all the logistics involved from getting it from the lab into your hands was escalating into violence. I think that was the point they were trying to make about E.

*takes a brain rest* That's my intellectual discussion topic of the day. Back to goofing off.

cwm4.gif

cwm20.gif

Yeah - I do think they make that point in the article, but the title reads "Ecstacy Brings Violence to the Suburbs" and THAT is very misleading! Okay - I'm stepping off my soapbox now! No more deep thoughts for the day - I promise!

mcs328-

Those 'roving gangs' you mentioned are better knows as BTS (Brooklyn Terror Squad). I have never seen them personally (I think they stick to the state of NY), but what I'm told is that they dress up as candy ravers, go to raves in groups, target dealers, & then beat the crap out of them for their drugs and money. I think that kind of gangster bullshit should stay the fuck out of our scene.