Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vixenfoxxy

malanee

Thought I would respond to a couple of your posts.

I usually hang out at Five and I used to do Platinum and Zei a lot. I like a more upscale club as well, but the reason I say no dress code is because it often seems to be used to keep certain people out - which I don't think is cool at all.

I envision something like Vinyl in NYC, where there's no dress code, but there are plenty of people dressed to the hilt. However, people in jeans and club kids are welcome too!

The thing I like least about 5 right now is the fact there are no places to sit. VIP is fine, but ALL the seats shouldn't be VIP! Plus, if you're going to have VIP - I think it should be something special - like Platinum. In the VIP room at 5 you can't even hear the DJ! They have a lame little CD player in there! When Oakenfold was there, we had that room and we couldn't even hear him spin!!!

As for promoters - they are fine by me. But maybe that's because I'm a decent looking female! cwm38.gif Seriously, promoting done right should create excitement about the club and I think it's too bad that some get attitudes and start excluding people!

Well those are my thoughts! Let me know what you think!

Hey Malanee,

thanks for your thoughts cwm30.gif As for promoters, I really feel the same way you do. I do it to generate a good feeling about the club, and I have yet to take a power trip (I came close once, when I happened to see someone I personally can't stand, but I restrained myself cwm1.gif ) And the whole gender selection thing really annoys me. I'm fascinated by the legacy of 54, where people would actually crowd around the front door and wait to be picked to enter, but I really don't think that's feasible for anything BUT Studio 54 -- 95% of people would be totally turned off by that.

I wasn't aware that ALL the seating at 5 was VIP, I guess 'cause I usually just drift all around wherever I want to, but I agree, that's a little ludicrous. I mean, there's not that much seating to begin with, but there needs to be *someplace* to chill. I guess that's kind of an issue with smaller clubs, there's not enough room to have VIP *and* normal space (in which case, I think it should be normal space only).

------------------

"EVERYBODY wants to be ME!" ~Goldie Hawn, Overboard

[This message has been edited by vixenfoxxy (edited 05-19-2001).]