Clubplanet Nightlife Community

clubbing in DC

pangelid

not sure who's spinning at glow (the sat night party at zei) this weekend, but i think you can find out at www.zeiclub.com

my personal fave (as everyone on this board is well aware) is 5 in dupont circle. however, they've been having problems w/ permits as of late and had to close last weekend both fri and sat nights at 3 instead of the usual 5:30. resident sat night dj's buster and alex whalen (yoshitoshi) are awesome - spin prog house, soemtimes trancey.

red is right around the corner from 5 - i don't go on sat nights but i hear that it's similar to thurs nights, only much more crowded. not your usual club - small space, more loungey-ish, underground feel. usually more housey-ish music.

hope this helps! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

mmm - i'm really bad at estimating # of people - a couple hundred??? it's got 3 floors, the rooftop balcony is nice if the weather cooperates. it's comparable to the size of zei, i think.

no special dj's, but the resident dj's are pretty damn good. $10 cover, dress code (they're pretty strict on it - no jeans, sneakers, caps, etc, but the dress code relaxes at 2am or so.)

hey eggy, are you coming to 5 this sat? i think alex & buster are playing there for 2 more saturdays, not 1 as i originally thought.

Originally posted by eggmok:

oh yea, the queen of info is true to form . . .

if you check out five, make sure you go to the front of the dj booth, the "fun box" . . .

cwm1.gif

Originally posted by millele:

hey eggy, are you coming to 5 this sat? i think alex & buster are playing there for 2 more saturdays, not 1 as i originally thought.

i might check it out . . .

let me find a coin to flip . . .

------------------

Life is too short to be small. 6a.gif