Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is TWILO as good as London clubs?

hey..was in London for five months and have been to Ibiza and all over europe..going to TWILO for the first time friday night to see a little sasha. The music should be great, but is the place legit..also..is it easy to score a roll? later kids...

------------------

In my opinion Twilo is the best club, but I'm sure many will disagree with me. The vibe is always pretty good, everyone real friendly and everyone just dancing and having fun. It's one of the only clubs in NY that is not a pick-up scene, everyone going for the music. Never been to Ibiza, but been to London. Twilo is the closest you will come but you really can't compare the 2.

------------------

You'll find that the vibe across the pond is much better. Twilo is definitely considered as one of America's best club. Believe it or not, but I happen to like the new Space club in Miami as one of the best.

It all doesn't matter because everyone has different tastes. Just wanted to make it clear that there are ton of better clubs out there.

------------------

The sound and light system at twilo is top F'n notch, and you can't go wrong with S+D, but whoever runs the club needs to get their heads out of their big fat A**ES! Last time we went, we brought flyer for S+D that said, "reduced admission w/ flyer, $20" and the bastards at the door still wanted to charge us $30. I talked to a few different doormen and the wouldn't let us in for $20.

It's not really about the $10, it's f'n principle. So we ended up going to Vinyl and saw Danny Teneglia, who always rocks the house, and had a blast. Vinyl is a better underground Friday party anyway, it's more about the music and dancing then "the scene".

Twilo is F'n High on Itself!

------------------

B+A+C

B*REAL

Originally posted by crossymaster:

The sound and light system at twilo is top F'n notch, and you can't go wrong with S+D, but whoever runs the club needs to get their heads out of their big fat A**ES! Last time we went, we brought flyer for S+D that said, "reduced admission w/ flyer, $20" and the bastards at the door still wanted to charge us $30. I talked to a few different doormen and the wouldn't let us in for $20.

It's not really about the $10, it's f'n principle. So we ended up going to Vinyl and saw Danny Teneglia, who always rocks the house, and had a blast. Vinyl is a better underground Friday party anyway, it's more about the music and dancing then "the scene".

Twilo is F'n High on Itself!

It was $30 reduced cuz the cover charge was $35. That was the 3 year anniversary and they had a lazer light show. Whenver they bring in the lazer show its always $35 cover instead of the normal $25.

-Rob

------------------

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

It was $30 reduced cuz the cover charge was $35. That was the 3 year anniversary and they had a lazer light show. Whenver they bring in the lazer show its always $35 cover instead of the normal $25.

-Rob

My bad, i wasn't there last night and didn't realize it was $30, i thought we were talking about last month. Thats ridiculous.

------------------

I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO TWILO BUT HAVING BEEN A REGULAR CLUBBER IN THE UK FOR OVER 10 YEARS I CAN SAY THAT LONDON IS NOT ALL THAT. IT HAS IT COOL CLUBS LIKE TRADE AT TURNMILS AND CERTAIN OTHER UNDERGROUND HARD HOUSE CLUBS. BUT FOR THE REST OF IT ITS ALL TO COMMERCIAL (MINISTRY AND HOME) THE BEST CLUBS IN THE WORLD CAN BE FOUND IN BIRMINGHAM, LIVERPOOL, MANCHESTER AND THE NORTH EAST OF ENGLAND. IT IS ONLY HERE THAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE THE BEST CLUBBING EXPERIENCE EVER ! BETTER THAN EVEN IBIZA BECAUSE IT IS EVERY WEEK OF THE YEAR! SORRY NY

------------------