Clubplanet Nightlife Community

joel s......

Thank you for your interest, too bad you weren't there.

I had a blast. It's fun to spin some records. It's nice to have a first spot in a club.

Even if I had a blast and a lots of fun, I struggled with the equipment during all my set. I'm used to have my turntables in vertical position with an 11' mixer just between them. The red room at Cheetah has the rane rotary mixer with tables placed horizontaly, on hydraulic stands, behind the mixer. It is supposed to be the norm and the best but I'm just not used to it (It certainly very good for house music, with slow fade out from one song to the other but I wouldn't want to spin Drum&Bass on a rotary mixer wit very fast fading and a few scratches). I had very little feed back too.

The few people who heard my stuff said it was good but I don't know if there are just nice with me or really true. smile.gif

The other djs who played this night, tored it up, Cheddi, Phil D and Doug Smith were amasing. Doug Smith play at Red in DC every week (Friday or Saturday, I don't remember) and he is the bomb.

Sage and Kaiotic, the Love Committee promoters will make another one in 2 weeks with Cano Bros., "White Mark" Sarkus, Adam Goldstone and Dj "Tony Tone". It's not to be missed!

I saw Adam Goldstone at the Frying Pan (a boat made into a club on the chelsea piers) and he was amasingly good. One of the best dj set I ever saw, so far.

Here are the flyers, again:

lcsummer1nod.jpg

lcsummer2nod.jpg

Check out Raven Fox site: http://www.nextondeck.com/ for some more infos about the Love Committee, and there will be a lots of discussion about this party on Nestor's site http://www.undergroundnyc.com .

Plur,

Joël S.

Originally posted by wizard:

i didnt make it to the show, but i thought i might ask you how your first performance went off?....

peace

[This message has been edited by JoelS (edited 05-31-2000).]

nice....keep providing the information, it's most def appreciated! i check out nestors site on the regular, but i dont post there. also, i've heard some of the cano bro's mixes on their website, the one that's linked from nestors board, and they got it hittin for sure...sounds like a spot to check out for sure...

peace

------------------