Clubplanet Nightlife Community

centro-fly on Sunday 5/28

Well, this past Sunday night I finally got to check out the new hot-spot in town, Centro-Fly. Very cool place. The set-up and decor absolutely rock and the crowd was great. Of course, the turn-out may have had something to do with an article in Sunday's NY Times or the dj's that night, who were off the hook. As long as Centro-Fly can continue to get quality people to spin I see no reason why it can't become a heavyweight in the NY club scene. However, the staff could use a lesson or two in tact. Although I was treated well by the staff, I did see some things that were a turn-off. Like the bouncer outside who we nicknamed Andrew, as in Andrew Jackson, because he made it abundantly clear that Andrew Jackson could get you past the line and right in the door. Of course, what he wasn't telling people was that for their $20 he'd only get them to the front of the line with a ticket for half-price admission, so they'd have to pay more just to get in. Not a big deal, but the way he went about it was pretty cheezy. Like school on Thanksgiving...no class, TURKEY. Of greater concern to me was the time when I saw a bartender go off on a customer who she was purposely ignoring. When he asked her if he could get some service she angrily replied that maybe she'd be taking care of him now if he had taken care of her earlier. I agree with her message (c'mon people, don't be cheap with your bartender), but again, it could have been handled with a bit more couth. Overall, though, I had a great time. I'm looking to hear from anyone else who was there to see what they thought.

------------------

I was throwing the party on Sunday at Centro-Fly and agree with most of what you said, for whatever reasons the party was off the hook...yeah, service is always an issue at spots that are trendy and in the limelight, and that's something you have to expect, I'm actually throwing another party this Saturday at Saci if you are interested

------------------