Clubplanet Nightlife Community

*** I-DANCE RALLY *** AUGUST 1, 2000 *** TORONTO *** FREE***

I-DANCE RALLY

Tuesday, August 1, 2000

5 pm to 10 pm

Nathan Phillips Square

TORONTO, CANADA

Come out and witness the single largest electronic music rally in the history of our Country.

In the past year, Toronto’s Rave and Electronic Music Scene has been the target of unprecedented scrutiny. Due to an irresponsible Media, an overzealous Police Chief and misinformed Politicians in City Council and the Provincial Legislature, the Toronto Rave Culture is in serious danger.

If you believe that raving is about the music ...

If you want to celebrate the rave culture that has thrived in Toronto for nearly 10 years ...

If you believe the City of Toronto should be proud of the international respect that it has achieved in the electronic music world ...

Then please JOIN US in sending a clear message to the powers that be.

Do NOT let them take away your right to dance.

MUSIC PROVIDED BY:

BAD BOY BILL

DERRICK CARTER

JUMPING JACK FROST

ED RUSH & OPTICAL

MISS HONEY DIJON

KENNY GLASGOW

ANABOLIC FROLIC

DR. TRANCE

DYNAMITE MC

MC FLIPSIDE

MC E-BY-GUM

SPEAKERS LIST to be announced.

------- ------- ------- ------- -------

I-DANCE is a FREE EVENT organised by the Toronto Dance Safety Committee and the Party People Project in conjunction with promoters, businesses and hundreds of volunteers from the Toronto Rave Community. Special thanks to the performers, the speakers and other individuals who have graciously donated their talents, their money and their time to bring you this very special event.

I'm really sorry if this belongs in the Promoter Forum, but it is a free event and quite a big step for Toronto and North America! This could end up evolving into North America's version of the Love Parade.

------------------