Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Seaman

Since Dave Seaman will be doing the opening set. 1100-0230, expect a slow start and building it nice and chunky. Don't expect trance right off the bat. To be honest, i doubt he will play trance. His sound is mellow and lush progressive house with a touch of subtle trance. He likes to play tracks with vocals. He is just an amazing dj who really knows how to get the place shakin' without the long drum rolls and cheesy synths. Pure class!

------------------

Who is playing trance, you ask?? LOL!

NYC, Miami and the rest of America. Just walk into the nearest Virgin megastore and check out the dance section. CHEESE compilations are selling by the shitload.

Hey, I don't want to sound like I am bashing trance. Good music is good music whatever the genre might be. Oliver Lieb is one of my favorite trance producers. I don't consider any of his tracks cheesy. Catch me?? Now on the other hand. Guys like ATB, Ferry, & Matt Darey. Good lord! It all sounds the same!

------------------

Point taken...allow me to rephrase what I meant.

Just as you said, all of it sounds the same. Its all repetetive garbage. The new thing now with all the producers is to use trancey elements in house tracks. But the bottom line is that I dont see trance really improving or becoming original anytime soon, its become too saturated and cheesy. All the more famous DJs who were known for playing trance have kind of went in the more housey directions, which is great. Even Oakenfold's trance label Perfecto just put out a strictly house track. I was wrong when I said who's playing trance but I wasn't wrong when I said trance is over.

------------------

I went to the last Dave seaman - Deep Dish night.. I got there around 1 and Seaman was playing some darkness.. Some of the tracks I can remember were Timo Maas rmx of Flash, Killahurtz - West on 27th, Sandstorm - Return of Nothing, Underground Sound Of Lisbon - The Lights, Trancesetters - Roaches, and some SICK record that I heard Digweed drop a few months back.. I really though Seaman was incredible, but when I heard him last labor day, I was really impressed.. Last year he spun some really melodic, progressive shit that was amazing.. He moved up to my #1 favorite trance dj.. When I went back to hear him, it was like hearing a totally different dj.. His music was so not what I was expecting to hear.. I guess that threw me off a lil bit, but I still had a great time.. I ended up leaving after Seamans set and went to Vinyl ( Cause that was the mood Seaman put me in ).. I would reccomend this night at Twilo everyone.. If you like deep, dark, groovy sounds, dont miss Seaman's set.. Wish I could go on friday, but I can.. Some one post a GOOD review PLEASE!! ( NoLimit if possible, I would like to hear a review from you.. You seem to know your stuff when it comes to the imported djs.. )

PEACE...

------------------