Clubplanet Nightlife Community

hard house in ibiza

Anyone see the gods kitchen ibiza post by clubmaster in the other areas forum? A portion:

The past six months have seen a hard-house explosion sweep across the UK’s

clubs, with the general tempo of music increasing and harder-edged sounds

becoming commonplace - as last year’s trance phenomenon begins to wane.

After the packed dancefloors that Lisa and Fergie have seen with their

monthly residencies at GODS KITCHEN at The Sanctuary in Birmingham, the

natural progression was to unleash them on the world’s foremost party

island.

GODS KITCHEN promoter Tyrone De Savrey said: “After studying the competition

in Ibiza we feel that a change is needed. Following the huge success that

Lisa and Fergie have received in the UK, we feel that the hard-house route

is the way to go. The other clubs out in Ibiza seem to have gone along

similar lines to before - we always want to evolve and are thrilled to have

Lisa and Fergie on board.”

I've never heard lisa or fergie but was wondering if this is the same sound certain NY djs (Junior, JP etc) have been critized by some members of this board for playing.

Hard house explosion in the UK huh...

------------------

Guest clubkid77

I would not call anything JP or junior touch "hard house" hell fergie's stuff would almost make "hard house" in my book if it was faster... "hardhouse" to me at least is like Bad Boy Bill, and DJ Bam Bam...

Gime the hard house, Gime the hard house, Gime the hard house, Gime tha beatz

My hard house is like Gabber only 1/2 the speed.

anyone heard like house o' holics the tetris song? or that nightrider track? lots of kick snare and shit...

------------------

No..the UK "HARD HOUSE" sound is nothing like the NYC hard house sound...no commercial vocal remixes and the crap (sorry to everyone who likes it, you are allowed to like it, I just happen to despise it)they play here...

I am trying to think of a good way to describe the sound...its is definitely a fast BPM and high energy sound...

Tell ya what..anyone who is interested enough to hear what it sounds like...go to

www.ministryofsound.co.uk

and listen to the Fergie mix that is one there...then you will see what I mean...

-Jill

------------------

If I understand the type of music your talking about,Danny Teneglia would be your man in NewYork in fact his sound may have alot to do as to what's going on in Europe right now,good hard grooves with deep elements with some fat beats thrown in.

Other than Danny I would say the Subliminal

crew is capable of spinning some serious Tech House as well as Frankie Bones,but Junior would not be the sound that your talking about,Junior and others spin a NewYork style hard house that is not international at all.

------------------

Guest clubkid77

the real "hard house" sound is "chicago house" that shit is the bomb, and none of the big room NYC DJ's play it.

[This message has been edited by clubkid77 (edited 05-25-2000).]

Thank you Telly...that is what I meant to say more clearly, that NONE of the dj's in NYC..or in america anywhere that I have heard about..play anything quite like the UK "hard house sound" .

Some people think hard house is JR., some people think badboy bill...that's the problem, everyone classification and opinion is different.

-J

------------------

Guest clubkid77

I hate to say it but the "UK hardhouse" sound don't sound like anything... I listened to "fergie's" mix over on ministry, its just nothing inovative, it just sounds like house to me, i mean people are being way to nit picky with music these days, there isnt enough diference in what i hear there to make it "HARD HOUSE" to me. yeah its a little faster, yeah the beat is a little diferent, but really its just house music. I mean so far i gota say the UK is really conservative. They dont seem to stray far from plain old vanilla, club packing, not to in your face, "house music" much at all. Take the UK trance invasion, uhh did anyone notice it was housy compared to the german trance sound of old? did anyone notice it was wattered down, and nicely packaged for easy consumption by the masses and would go over fairly well with the UK househeads? I mean they take house music abd put the tinyest twist on it, and make it out to be a huge big thing. Take house, add some airy sound to it, make it progressive, speed it up about 5 BMP and whoo its trance etc.. etc.. Go listen to some US Chicago/Hardhouse. ( I think Chicago house is the REAL hard house, even though here in NY we call it chicago house and hard house is diferent, in chicago its just hard house) with fast beats, kicksnare, cut up 2 min tracks and its much more raw, in your face, energiezed etc.. than any of this "UK Hardhouse" it isn't the same at all really, the UK shit is a pale boring conservative sound. US Hard house heroe's:

Bad Boy Bill (when he aint playin booty)

DJ BAM BAM

------------------

Hard house, isn't big in the UK at the moment. It was big before the Trance explosion of last year but never made it through. It's always been there don't get me wrong but not big. They gay scene in the UK has always been into the Hi NRG sound, i havent herd the mix referred to but is it a Trade mix?

The Reason God's Kitchen are going hard house is that Garage is the big thing this year in Ibiza. They are simply going for the non-Garage crowd. Most of the clubs will be playing House / Garage this year.

------------------

HARD HOUSE HAS BEEN PART OF THE UK CLUB SCENE FOR MANY YEARS NOW BUT FOR ANYONE WANTING TO HEAR THE REAL SOUND OF HARD HOUSE CHECK OUT ANYTHING BY THE GOD OF HARD HOUSE TONY DE VIT (R.I.P). NO DISRESPECT TO FERGIE BECAUSE HE IS AN EXCELLENT DJ BUT HE IS NOW WHERE NEAR A GOOD A DJ AS TONY DE VIT AND NEVER WILL BE. ALSO CHECK OUT ANYTHING BY TRADE, TRIPOLI TRAX, TIDY TRAX AND NUKLEUZ TO NAME BUT A FEW. HARD HOUSE IS THE ULTIMATE HOUSE MUSIC IT IS JUST A PITY TONY DE VIT NEVER GOT THE TRUE RECOGNITION HE RIGHTLY DESERVED!!!!!!!!

------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Vitty,

too true Tony was the hard house man. Right around the time he died hard house was huge in the UK. What a shame such a talented guy had to go out at the peak of his career.

I went to the memorial day at Sundaysential a very sad day indeed.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.