Clubplanet Nightlife Community

favorite dj/producer ....

Mauro Picotto is with out a doubt my favorite producer at the moment. He also is an excellent DJ, I've got a live mix by him and it's increbible.I wish he would play in NYC. My favorite NYC DJs at the moment are MikeSki and Jonathan Peters.I went and saw MikeSki in Philly @ Envy on Friday(where he is resident)he through down a phat set, his mixing skills were on point and the selection was right on for Philly (they're a little behind on the music)Ski is a great crowd reader and motivator.He needs to get residencey in NYC cause Philly clubs close @ 2 and could definitely rip it to the wee hours in the morning. As far as Peters goes he used to the bomb but I'm not really feeling him latly, it seems he's in constant K-hole. He'll play a track for hours then ....and then snap out of his hole and then lay down some drawn out vocal track for another couple hours ... I don't know.. I think he is falling off ... He needs to slow down with the drugs when he's working ... People that I know ..that know him say that they wouldn't be surprised if he dropped dead in the booth one night becasue of an overdose ....but anyway what does everyone else think and who do you like?

>pep<

------------------

Favorite DJ is Carl Cox the man can MIX, closely followed by Roger Sanchez and a guy most of you wont have herd of Graham Parks. Parky used to DJ at the best club England has ever had - the Hacienda.

Favorite producers Masters @ Work, every time I here Nervous Track and 2 be in Love it takes be back to the days. Oh and Junior boys own, watch out for Farley & Heller DJing they play a sound very much like the NY deep house.

But watch those French, people like Cassius are going to be massive.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

DANNY TENAGLIA BEST PRODUCER/DJ EVER..

I guess the only other dj that has the ability to move me ( On some nights anyway ) in New York would have to be Jonathan Peters..

DT FOR PRESIDENT..

------------------

The deal with Tourism is that Danny showed his diversity by producing deep, garage type tracks as well as his patented deep and dark sound. It was a critical success, as well as a great accomplishment, its not everyday you see a DJ produce a whole album, let alone achieving so much critical success.

As well as his other work, his remixes are always the hottest remixes out there. He's always pushing the envelope making his sounds very fresh and original.

And as for DJ, bar none he's the best. Tranza is right...DT for president! hehehe

Ali

------------------

Yeh tourism got great reviews everywhere, thats why i bought it. And yes it's a proper album but i think it's weak. Very sparse sound, i think it is definatley a NY album with Better days.

I think i better check him out while i am over there. Is he still playing the Tunnel?

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I don't necessaryily have a favorite DJ, just one's I respect for the mixing skills and enjoy the type of music they spin. Atop the list is Aphrodite, Scott Henry, Feelgood, JP, Donald Glaude, Derick Carter, Venom, and Bad Boy Bill. As far as producers go, I can't remember a Plasmic Honey song I haven't loved (well maybe there were a couple, but I can't remember their names right now). JP's remixes are usually great. As you can tell I'm a bit partial to "rave" DJ's because of the variety of sounds they play, in comparison to the genre's most club DJ's are stuck playing. Don't get me wrong, I respect them just as much, I'm just one for variety.

------------------

Keep it movin'!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com

Danny Tenaglia best DJ&Producer out there, he has the best skills in both categories compared to other DJ's/Producer's...There are other Producers I enjoy, it's not a beist opinion either...And as far as keeping it real and coming up with new shit Danny is one of the best at that...

Keep It Real

eek.gif Mac

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Back,

Danny plays at Vinyl mostly every friday night if he isn't around touring europe or America. I would say definitely check him out and see what all the rave is about him. Have you not heard him before?

------------------

Cholo, i agree! i be diggin the Chicago house. that shit is so bangin when you hear it loud and clear (kinda like in the back room at the tunnel.. the memories).

i like Badboybill, but he's very erratic- sometimes his shit is soooo on point, and other times he's bleh. anyway, on the chicago house tip, i really like DJ Rip, DJ Work!, Nemesis, Delta 9, DJ Irene, House o holics, DJ Bam Bam to name a few. smile.gif

i also think that plasmic honey is a good remixer also. yea, their shit tends to be on the cheesy side, but you gotta admit, their remixes are classics. and johnny vicious. and yea oakie is not so good live, but he is a producer. and carl cox-love that big bald black man! wink.gif

quick question for everyone, i know MAD heads that don't like Superstar DJ Keoki-- is he an asshole or something? can someone clarify this deep cult hatred that people have for him. thanks. wink.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

I am not even a JP follower, but I really don't think it is necessary to discuss ANYONE'S substance abuse on this board. If you want to say he's "falling off" fine, but leave the he said, she said BS out of it. Even if you know first hand that he is doing any of that, do you really think you need to broadcast it here?

------------------

Agreed w/ Tranza on fav dj.

Tenaglia-The messiah of dance music

I really don't have one favorite producer, but I like some of Tilt's stuff as well as some from Timo Maas. BT is another exceptional producer. I can go on and on...

------------------

Guest bonzai

DANNY MOTHERFUCKING TENAGLIA #1 !!!!!

TOURISM IS THE BEST ALBUM I EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE..I GIVE DT MAD PROPS. TENAGLIA IS THE ONLY ORGANIZED DJ THAT WE HAVE HERE IN THE U.S

------------------

I can see hearing Vicious spin he plays some sick imports, and Hex used to be a phat DJ, but he gave into the dark side, a.k.a cheese...Both of them Produce Cheese, same format for every song music for the most part and it's sad because Vicious is extremely talented his stuff from the mid 90's was so much better, real music...same with Hex...it's unfortunate...Too bad they couldn't keep it real like some DJ/Producer that we know...ahem...DT...

Keep It Real

Mac

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com