Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do you think of an 'outdoor deck' party???

I'd just like to get everyone's opinion here on what they think of an outdoor deck party in NYC in the summer months.

I have something in the works at the moment and I'd like to get some feedback from you guys. Positive or negative.

I want to bring back the Ibiza vibe here in NYC. Play some baeleric tunes along with some proper house. Dress would be like if you were going to a beach or a pool.

Something like this was done in Miami last year and it was a success. The party was called Bora Bora, and they played trance all day & night. Sort of the same stuff that DJ Gee in Ibiza plays. Unfortunately, it didn't last long due to rampant drug use on the beach. The cops shut it down.

What's your take on this?

easy!

------------------

I think a roof party would be phat, and no, not like the roof party at Exit. I'm talkin w/o a damn pool and rain forest, and maybe on top of a higher building. Not so much emphasis on the surroundings so as to augument the awareness and enjoyment of the music. I guess it would kinda be like the idea behind vinyl only on the roof, thus weeding out those who are just there to be cool and leaving those really there for the music.

-Rob

------------------

Agreed guys. I can tell you that the music poilcy would remain underground. Im not a big fan of cheese or mainstream.

Since we're talking about music, I also wouldn't want to play 4 am peak time stuff either. Just smooth ass house... smile.gif

------------------

Nolimit,

I am doing a similar thing in Chicago. I am chartering a boat though (you don't have as many problems with the police shutting you down for drug use).

Starting it off early like they do at mambo and building it through the day...

Great minds think alike.

By the way if you need a DJ i know a guy that would be perfect.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

[This message has been edited by back2basics (edited 06-08-2000).]