Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ibiza again..... Sasha opens space.

I am booking a trip to Barcelona for the first week in August and I am planning on spending a few days in Ibiza. Where are the best places to stay( Area, Hotels...)? I know that I want to go to Manumission on Monday and Space on Tuesday. Everything else is up in the air. Reading your post from last week, I can tell that you know a lot about Ibiza, so any additional info would be great. Also, do you have any suggestions for Barcelona?

Thanks

------------------

It really does depend what you are looking for. San Antonio is the busy part but it's mainly 16-18 year olds getting really drunk. Most people spend their days at Mambo,Cafe Del Mar and Savanna which are all beach bars and are on a private beach in San Antonio.

The north of the Island is classier, somewhere like Ibiza town is very nice but more expensive. If you have plenty of money go to the north. We usually get a Villa so I am not up on the hotels, your not going to be in it for very long so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Somebody we met last year stayed at El Corsario which is near old Ibiza town it's way away from most of the clubs but also away from the drunken kids, they said it was a nice hotel.

For cheapness stay in San Antonio Bay (which is just away from the town). Many people I know choose this route because your really near Mambo etc, your near Es Paradise and it's a short taxi ride away from most of the big clubs except Pacha (which is in Ibiza town).

Nights

Clockwork Orange - Es Paradise

generally the best night at Es Paradise you get a good clubby crowd. Look out for my mate Jeremy Healy, he rocked it last year.

Cream - Amnesia

Thurasday night, forget Gatecrasher this is the best club in the UK. Even better if you can catch the Bugged Out night (there are only doing one off's this year).

Ministry - pacha

Friday, big names spin house and Garage.

Gatecrasher - Pacha

Thursday i think.

Home - Space

Sunday, massive line ups all the time.

Manumission - Privilege

Monday, miss it and you havent been to Ibiza.

No details on El Divino this year, last year it was Miss MoneyPennies. Kate Moss turned up a few times.

As far as Barcelona I think <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.ministryofsound.com" TARGET=_blank>www.ministryofsound.com</A> has international club listings.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

[This message has been edited by back2basics (edited 06-05-2000).]

The IBIZA season officially kicked off yesterday (June 4) as legendary club SPACE held its traditional opening party - heralding the start of another summer of dance on the Balearic isle.

The sold-out night, packed with 2,000 people, was headlined by revered DJ Sasha and home resident Steve Lawler. Hundreds were locked outside as a typically cosmopolitan mix of slick Spanish clubbers and spangled industry shakers partied until the small hours.

In contrast to the flooded English countryside, Ibiza is already seeing temperatures of around 80 degrees as the island’s clubbing machinery gears up for what looks set to be the busiest year yet. As one regular, Juan, told nme.com: "Sunday is Space time. It’s like church for us."

This year, the opening party, as ever, was a party for the Ibizan residents and the visiting thousands who work on the island every summer. So flyer distributors and bar workers rubbed shoulders with promoters like Charlie Chester, whose Mezzanine Bar was one of the success stories of last year’s season, and Pacha’s resident DJ Pipi, who in the afternoon entertained his local crowd on the upstairs, open-air terrace with his trademark blend of deep funk and US Garage.

Steve Lawler, who will be a weekly Sunday resident when home launch their events at the club at the end of June, found time to speak to nme.com after warming the crowd up for a rapturously received Sasha. "It’s a real honour to play at the opening of Space," he enthused. "I always enjoy playing long, demanding sets and the crowd were incredible. I wish it could have gone on for longer."

------------------

Thanks a lot. I will check those places out. What about Playa D'en Bossa? I was thinking about getting a place there (at least trying to get a place). I'm definitely not looking for the 16 - 18 year old crowd, but I want to be in an area that is close to many places. Like I said before, the one party I am DEFINITELY going to is Manumission. Everything else is up in the air.

Thanks again

QUOTE]Originally posted by back2basics:

It really does depend what you are looking for. San Antonio is the busy part but it's mainly 16-18 year olds getting really drunk. Most people spend their days at Mambo,Cafe Del Mar and Savanna which are all beach bars and are on a private beach in San Antonio.

The north of the Island is classier, somewhere like Ibiza town is very nice but more expensive. If you have plenty of money go to the north. We usually get a Villa so I am not up on the hotels, your not going to be in it for very long so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Somebody we met last year stayed at El Corsario which is near old Ibiza town it's way away from most of the clubs but also away from the drunken kids, they said it was a nice hotel.

For cheapness stay in San Antonio Bay (which is just away from the town). Many people I know choose this route because your really near Mambo etc, your near Es Paradise and it's a short taxi ride away from most of the big clubs except Pacha (which is in Ibiza town).

Nights

Clockwork Orange - Es Paradise

generally the best night at Es Paradise you get a good clubby crowd. Look out for my mate Jeremy Healy, he rocked it last year.

Cream - Amnesia

Thurasday night, forget Gatecrasher this is the best club in the UK. Even better if you can catch the Bugged Out night (there are only doing one off's this year).

Ministry - pacha

Friday, big names spin house and Garage.

Gatecrasher - Pacha

Thursday i think.

Home - Space

Sunday, massive line ups all the time.

Manumission - Privilege

Monday, miss it and you havent been to Ibiza.

No details on El Divino this year, last year it was Miss MoneyPennies. Kate Moss turned up a few times.

As far as Barcelona I think <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.ministryofsound.com" TARGET=_blank>www.ministryofsound.com</A> has international club listings.

Back2basics,

Playa d'en Bossa is also the same beach where Bora Bora is located. Near the 'jet' apartment complex/hotels. I don't think they'll be getting any piece and quiet there. The music will be pumping all day & night.

Im gutted now because I can't find a flight out in August on the days that I can go. September looks a little tough too.

If it wasn't for my job, I'd take the entire summer and chill there.

------------------

Nolimit,

true but there are not many hotels on the beach. It's San An thats really noisey.

I took a look on Expidia.com and there are loads of flights in September, there not too bad either(price wise).

Tell me about it, 5 years ago i spent 6 weeks there but it's a struggle. A few people i know do it every year but they are all girls. It's pretty easy for a pretty girl to make end's meet in Ibiza.

Boys whatch out for girls who come on a little too strong and want you to pay them into clubs... It's a very old trick.

------------------

Back2Basic,

Cute! Very cute!! I like the pics . . . looks as though you had a lot of fun getting fucked up! hehehe.

Yes, I did notice that there weren't as many lights as I was hoping . .. is it always like that? I was under the impression that it was more wild over there then what your pictures portrayed. No?

OH and another thing. How's the language over there? Meaning . .. I don't have to be fluent in spanish, do I?

BlueAngel

------------------

Music is the language of souls . . .

Blue,

just drunk on life:-)

Yeah space and places like that will have glow sticks. Also Gatecrasher should have some people, and manumission had loads last year. Pacha on any other night is too cool. And you might get thrown out of El Divino for using them!!

All the pictures were taken early in the night, most places don't kick off till 3-4 o'clock. Places like Pasha and El Divino don't allow camera's and Manumission it's just not worth it. So don't take the pictures to be a good representation of it's like.

Don't worry about not speaking Spanish, but it's always polite to make an effort.

------------------

[This message has been edited by back2basics (edited 06-06-2000).]

Awwwwwwwwww . . .. frown.gif that really sucks that I can't take pictures in these clubs. How am I suppose to record the moment??

I'm really glad to hear that I won't be the only one with glowsticks. You just lifted a load off my shoulder. Thanks! How about Amnesia? Do they allow them?

So, basically the only clubs that doesn't allow them is Pacha and El Divino, right? Cool.

BlueAngel

------------------

Amnesia will be fine, It's not that they don't allow them but on the Ministry nights (Pacha) you get a very dressy crowed all the Ibiza socialites go down there, which is why they will stop you taking pictures. You will get a few sneaky ones in we did but we also got stopped too.

But El Divino is a different place all together. It's full of the jet set getting messy so they don't want anybody taking photos. Like I said on the photo's we say a certain Kate Moss looking a little Coked up last year. I would have loved to have a camera.

Don't worry about it anyway just go with the flow. You will love it... and it will love you.

By the way the girl i am going to put you in contact with is over there already so i am just waiting for her to check her email.

------------------

You know more we talk about Ibiza the more I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY ASS OVER THERE!!! 30 days and counting!!

It's sooooo cool of you to try to hook me up. Let me know if there's anything I can do for ya when you come here!

BlueAngel

------------------

I know your the lucky one, I have got months to wait.

No props will do, it's always just nice to have somebody who know the place to show you what's what, so I will be seeking you and your man out if your at Twilo that night.

I want to go to the Sound Factory too, went years ago and loved it but I here it's going down hill now?

So where would you Recommend for Friday and where for Saturday?

------------------

Well I'm assuming that you're probably going to come here for S&D at Twilo in August, right? So there's your Friday, right there. TWILO!! If not, then . . . recently I went to Exit on a Friday and it was pretty good. Better than what I expected. I went to Exit on a Saturday once . . only ONCE and I was majorly disappointed. But Friday's seem to be the thing at Exit. I don't suggest on going to Twilo on any other event than PVD, S&D or Dave Seaman. Twilo is definatley not what it use to be.

As for Saturday . . . I hear that SF is probably your best bet. At least that's what I hear from the people on the board. I've been to SF once on a Friday and I wasn't too impressed. But perhaps Saturdays are better . . . at least from what I hear.

BlueAngel

------------------

I know I am going to get slagged for this, but I wouldn't recommend SF to you mate. I see what you post and I really don't think that's your cup of tea.

Hell, I went there once and I haven't been back. If all else fails and there's nothing else going on, then check it out.

Check w/ me first. When are you planning your visit here?

easy

------------------

Nolimit,

I am coming in August but I am not sure when yet. Obviously if we goto Twilo on Friday it's going to be Trance so I am looking for a more deep house or techno night for Saturday. What's Body & Soul like nowadays?

Dont really want the "rave" crowd for Saturday.

------------------

Body & Soul still rocks on SUNDAYS. Get there around 5-6 in the afternoon and dance until closing (11pm). Be warned though. They don't sell alcohol. I usually hit a bar first to down a couple of cold ones. It's been quite a while since I've been there on a Sunday.

------------------

Hey all... can someone help me out with a few questions... I'm going to IBIZA for the first time with a girl that used to be my gf. I wanted to know some questions about the girls in Ibiza... since I have the ability to get with them since I'm no longer obligated to the chic i'm bringing. How are the girls in Ibiza? Easy? Sleazy? Expensive? Hot? also... at the clubs in Ibiza... what's the usual dress code? is it like NYC... or are you allowed to wear shorts and stuff to clubs??

Thanks for any info...

-AgtX

------------------

Agtx,

weeeellllll........ It's a big place, lots of different places and different women/ situations. Most of the girls are going to be English, which means cheep and easy.... just kidding.

Best advise is stick to San Antonio. Seek out the foam parties, they are not serious clubs but that's where all the ladies and gents with.. lets say dubious morals go.

And the dress codes are different for all the clubs, but the foam parties sound like your thing. But beware the taxis wont touch you after you come out covered in foam.

Places like Pacha and the cooler places, no shorts and the ladies are hot,hot,hot and expensive and if you go looking they will see straight through you.

anyway bad advice from a bad lad.

------------------