Clubplanet Nightlife Community

need people to hang out with.

i moved to ny almost a year ago and im still struggling to make friends. it seems abit harder to make friends in a big city like NY. i m successful and i thought with money i'd have so much fun in NY but $ isn't all that fun if you ain't got nobody. im sick of wasting money on strippers and traveling alone to fight boredom. this might sound like a depressing question but what are some really good places where i can meet people?

im 26/straight male/eastern queens and spend lots of time in manhattan.

your advise could change my social life.

ceo@netlane.com

i just had to comment on this one...

i understand that it's difficult to migrate to a new area and adjust to the environment, but my god...u r in nyc hunny. im sure u don't have 5 heads or a corroded backside (unless u r extremely rancid looking), so how hard can it be to make new friends? have u tried speaking to your coworkers or are they weary about talking to u? a year is a looong ass time! i suggest u get up from your lil desk and make eye contact with any walking soul til either u or the person speaks out. it won't do any harm.

if u had the balls to move...ummm, lemme stop here.

They are right you don't need a lot to meet people in New York City. If your friends are really not into it then just take your lonesome self on down to the Sound Factory on Saturday night and I am sure you won't be alone for too long.