• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crystalmethodny

Go back to the Ghetto.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

Hey Marivel please go back to school and get an education! Superstar. Where the hell are you from? You need to learn the English language. Ya know the one we speak in this country. Yeah that's right speak to me. Do give me this jibber jabber about supastah or what ever the hell you are sayin'. You need to get out of the ghetto, get a job and get yourself some real CD's, vinyl. Some with some good DJ's on them. Just do it.

Gmoney and Phillyboy, you must be referring to DT @ Transit... I too am from Philly, and heard from many people that he turned it out. Everyone has their own tastes in music and whatever, but you can't deny talent - and DT is one talented mofo!

"salparm" why do you "HATE" DT?? Very strong word to use when referring to the style of music one plays.. could it be your dislike is more personal?? smile.gif

This is all very interesting, but I have a question for you hard core house folks out there. I noticed that Salparm mentioned other names w/J. Vicious (Baez & Sal Parm)? Who's the second? Just started collecting, love hard core and looking for more. Any suggestions? Greatly appreciated.

PS-DT's ok but don't think he's all that. Kind of mellow.

[This message has been edited by shannah (edited 06-21-2000).]

DT is, in my opinion, one of the best dj's out there. What's great about him is that he can play really hard and he can mellow out. If any of you went to see Danny at Centro back in January he played really, really hard. I was surprised myself. But if you frequent Vinyl you'd know that Danny does play hard. Another thing is that not all dj's play good all the time, sometimes they're off. I've been to plenty of clubs with great dj's and have been disappointed. For those of you who have only heard DT once or twice and were disappointed, I would suggest you check out Vinyl.

Becca

You might be right about ragging on a DJ after only one or two times hearing them. You can always tell someones style and his doesnt grab me. Good DJs can be danced to totally sober, I felt like I needed a lot of everything just to move.

Thanks for the info Phillyboy. I guess I need to pay closer attention though cause I just bought the new Plasmic Honey CD mixed by Anthony Acid. I really dig the Funeral track. I think parts of the album have a more techno feel though as opposed to house. Any other suggestions for hard house?

To each his/her own. I don't think that ppl should be insulting one another while voicing an opinion. You don't like DT because he puts you to sleep..fine...I don't like that commercial stuff. I think sometimes things get a little out of hand on here, but maybe that's what ppl like....the DRAMA.

Becca

The new or some what old Plasmic CD which ever way you want to look at it is pretty good. Most of the songs are really old. Welcome to the Club and the Funeral are new. The are good. You have to hear this guy live. He is filled with evergy and way out of control.

To everyone who mentioned something about giving a DJ a chance. You are 100% right. I fully agree here but let me tell you that I have given DT a chance and I really need to give up on him. Sorry. Remember I am entitled to my opinion too. I just don't the the guy! He is creative, and talented in what he does but he just does not get my feet moving on the dance floor. That's the way it goes!

Originally posted by shannah:

Thanks for the info Phillyboy. I guess I need to pay closer attention though cause I just bought the new Plasmic Honey CD mixed by Anthony Acid. I really dig the Funeral track. I think parts of the album have a more techno feel though as opposed to house. Any other suggestions for hard house?

Check out Exit on Saturday Nights. Frankie Magz plays some crazy shit after 4 am - hard and deeeep house.

Lets get one thing straight:

Everyone is definetely entitled to their own opinion. No doubt about that...there are no right or wrong opinions. But have some class if you're stating your opinion. You dont have to offend anyone when saying what you feel. Obviously some of you have nothing better to do that start some drama on the board!

OK in defense of DT...well like I said, if you dont like him, thats cool everyone likes different shit...and Sal Parm, if you say people didn't dis "GhettoHigh", they just said that he was right, he was the only one who thought DT was wack.

Some of you people need to calm down. Oh by the way "Sal Parm"...I didn't see any of the DJs you mentioned on the top DJ 100 list. Or have any other global underground CDs. An with the exception of Johnny Vicious, they dont play anywhere else than NYC. And they get zero respect in this city and abroad. DT has gigs from here to Iran, he goes on tours frequently to packed clubs who don't stop talking about him for weeks on end. So what are you talking about? If you were really Sal Parm I don't think you would make a comment like that...and if you are, you're not really in a position to talk, cause you bit the synth riff to your lil track "Gotta Have Love" dub from the riff from "Feel Free" by Yves Derutyer, which was ironically on DANNY TENAGLIA'S Global Underground CD...so step off.

------------------

What happened to the lights man?!

rebecca has a solid point, maybe DT had an off night in philly.

then again, if it's possible for a dj to have an off night, and the people not to feel his vibe... isn't it also possible that it could be the patrons who are having an off night? i mean, maybe Danny wasn't feeling anything from the crowd in the first place. this guy turns it out all over the world, in fact the word on the street is that he OWNED the WMC.

whateva.....

admit it Sal, you wanna be DT.

peace

------------------

conflict is what i predict...

The new or some what old Plasmic CD which ever way you want to look at it is pretty good. Most of the songs are really old. Welcome to the Club and the Funeral are new. The are good. You have to hear this guy live. He is filled with evergy and way out of control.

To everyone who mentioned something about giving a DJ a chance. You are 100% right. I fully agree here but let me tell you that I have given DT a chance and I really need to give up on him. Sorry. Remember I am entitled to my opinion too. I just don't the the guy! He is creative, and talented in what he does but he just does not get my feet moving on the dance floor. That's the way it goes!