Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hey, Blueangel, B2B...

I am going to Ibiza from the 30th to the 1st. I know it's not really a long time but this all the time I could get. Anyway, I just have a few basic questions to ask you guys and anyone else who knows about Ibiza. My first question is about dress code. I am going to Space for the Home party and was wondering what the dress is like. Is it dressy or casual or both? Does it change as the night goes on?

Also, I was planning on going to Manumission but with Blue's review I'm thinkging of skipping it. Where else is good on a Monday (I'm staying in Ibiza Town so something in that area would be good)? And last but not least...can I find elements in space or should I go elsewhere.

Thanks in advance for any input you can give.

Keebler,

1. There is no dress code at Space . . . dress as you like . . . casual or funkie . . . everything goes in there. You'll see girls decked out in their best and then you'll see girls in bikinis with a wrap. So, dress code is how you make it. A bit of advice, don't bring too much baggage cause it gets really hot in there and there are no place to put your bags.

2. From what I can see . . . on July 31 (Monday) at Amnesia they're having Sven Vath, Marco Carola, and other techno djs. Es Paradis is having a UFO-Trance night. I don't know what type of music you're into but I can tell you that I saw a line about a mile long for the Es Paradis event on a Monday night. I know that Es Paradis is suppose to be a beautiful club with great sound (from what B2B told me). However, the crowd that I saw going into that UFO-Trance event were mostly drunk british kids . . . very rowdy . . . don't know if that bothers you or not. Other than that . . . I really don't see much for Monday nights. You might want to check this site for future events http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/club_dates_i.htm

3. If you need substance, I suggest you go to San Antonio for that. If you take a cab from Ibiza town then it shouldn't be more than 2,500 pesetas or you could try to catch a bus there but their bus schedule pretty much sucks. I really didn't trust the stuff they sold in the clubs. Go to San Antonio, start talking to people (preferably british) and they'll point you in the right direction. However, from personal experience, I would just take stuff with me. The custom there was ridiculously easy. Just carry it on you . . . they don't bother body searching when you go into Ibiza. I found that stuff here is better than stuff there, but then again it you might luck out and do better than I did.

HAVE FUN!!! You'll have a blast!! wink.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"The certain proof that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe

is that no one has bothered to make contact with us."

Thanks a lot for the info! What about during the day? I was thinking of a beach bar that won't cost me a fortune (I plan on spending all of my $$ during the nights). Or just a regular beach. Any suggestions?

What's the crowd like at Amnesia? Will it be a crazy crowd like a Twilo crowd or should I expect a more laid back scene?

Sorry for the rapid fire questions...

Keebler, it's really hard to compare the Twilo crowd to a crowd in Ibiza. You just have to experience it yourself. One thing for sure is that Europeans are definately more eccentric and flamboyant.

As for the daytime . . . I suggest you go to Bora Bora. That place is a definate MUST. The DJ there is pretty good and beer is cheap in Ibiza (outside the clubs that is). Bora Bora is across from Space . . . you can't miss it . . . just follow the music.

BlueAngel

------------------

"The certain proof that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe

is that no one has bothered to make contact with us."

I say this with absolutely no disrespect to blueangel or anyone else who had a bad time at Manumission this year. Keebler, if you've never been there you definitely want to go to Manumission. Just because the crowd and/or music and/or vibe is bad one week doesn't mean it will be bad the entire summer. GO! Definitely go!

As for Home @ Space, you'll be hitting Carl Cox's birthday party on the 30th. NO dress code. Hell, even I wear a wrap, and I'm a guy. Much more comfortable to dance in.

Yeh macboy strongly agree... the thing is Privalege is all open on Manumission nights. It takes an hour to walk round the club.

It's all about knowing where to go and on what nights. This early in the season is very, very cheep to fly from England ($200 including a hotel!). So all the kids are there but you can avoid them by moving into or near the VIP room (this is a known spot).

It's not always the best party on the island but you have to see the club. And the closing parties.... well BlueAngel just get ready to eat your words icon12.gif .

Also the new years parties @ Privelege are surposed to be very good. They invite all the workers and anybody that has had anything to do with the club and they are surposed to be very good.

Carl Cox's bday is going to be off da hook! Don't bother going out the night before, unless it's to explore the island. Save your energy for an all day/night experience at Space. Nothing beats that club on Sundays...

Don't forget to hit Salinas beach to check out the funky & beautiful.

This is where I found out about the parties in the hills.

DJ Jonathon plays the funky beats on the beach. Be prepared to see naked people playing paddle ball.

Still trying to sort myself out for September.

Count me in for next year.

Yeah, I arranged my stop in Ibiza to be there for Cox's B-day. I am getting there early Sunday (I'm taking a ferry from Barcelona) but it looks like I have to go to San An first to take care of some business. I will hopefully get there around 7:00pm. Either way I am getting more and more psyched for this trip everyday.

Thanks again for all the info!

It's definitely going to be a tough ride, but we have a room so I plan on sleeping most of the way. With the room it is costing around $135 for two people round trip. We were going to look into a flight but decided we a ferry wouldn't be that bad.