Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Ibiza Review

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did go to El Divino. Too many people behaving like movie stars and supermodels without the looks or charisma. I went for Moneypenny's and Danny Rampling was playing and the music was great, but the atmosphere wasn't so good. I could handle a place like that if I lived in the same city and knew people who went there, but I definitely don't want to go to a snobby and pretentious place when I'm only there for a week.

As for the music, the trance is all imported from the rest of Europe after Ibiza got big. But soulful, vocal house is the original real Ibiza sound. All the local DJs play it. And definitely at Pacha, El Divino, and the Space afterparties it's all you'll hear. Even the "import" nights have a lot, like Moneypenny's every Tuesday with Danny Rampling. Also, the Sanchez-es, AVH, MAW, and the Subliminal crew play there a lot. So don't expect a tranced-out island.

JohnB

55 PEOPLE REPLYED TO THIS POST, I HAD TO GET IN ON IT. IBIZA IS PARTY CENTRAL, BUT EVERYONE SHOULD CHECK OUT RIMINI, ITALY. IT'S LIKE IBIZA, BUT IN ITALY, GREAT PLACE TO CHILL, AND GO ALL OUT PARTYING.

BOLTS

I won't be expecting trance... I'm over it and I hope the island is as well.

I can bet there will be a lot of hardhouse with ofcourse some of that dark, deep, moody stuff that I like.

I'll be there for the Tenaglia party at Space. Just booked my flight!

Addaboy,

1. All in all . . I spent about $2,000 on this trip. $1,400 was for air and hotel and the remaining $600 ($150 for 4 club tickets, $75 for 6 candies, $150 for water, $125 for food and drinks). Believe it or not, food and candy were very cheap there and the most expensive things were the club tickets and water inside the club. Even though the candies are cheaper there, I would still advise you take your own from here. I had more miss then hit there. Also, consider the fact that I'm not a heavy drinker. I only had a couple of drinks during my whole stay and we woke up in time for breakfast maybe twice during our stay, so we only ate once maybe twice a day. You'd be surprised how much weight you lose in Ibiza!! wink.gif

2. AS far as music is concerned . . . it's not trancy there at all. As B2B said a while ago, all the DJs spin pretty hard there. They were playing a lot of tech-house and breakbeat trance, which I didn't mind at all since my favorite combo is tech-house with trance. They have every djs you can think of there . . . from fluffy trance like Tiesto and Ferry to dark stuff like S&D to Techno like Sven Vath. Just go and check out this site and they will tell you who is spinning where on what date. http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/club_dates_i.htm

3. Europeans are very hardcore party people and will do everything that exist under the sky! biggrin.gif They drink A LOT and drop A LOT or do some charlies too while they're at it. However, unlike some drinkers in New York . . . the europeans don't get violent. I didn't see or meet a single drunk rude person on this vacation . . . only drunk happy people.

4. ABSOLUTELY!! bounce.gif I would without a single doubt go back again and again and again. I feel that as B2B, Nolimit and Macboy stated . . . it's a place that just gets better and better as you go again and again. Being that this was my first time there . . . and I still had a blast, I feel that I would have a much better time next round cause I know where to go now and what to avoid.

BlueAngel

------------------

"The certain proof that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe

is that no one has bothered to make contact with us."

Damn you all!!! Hehe you have me plotting and planning to see how I might be able to get out of work to make a obviously much-needed trip to Ibiza, bad bad people with bad influence, trying to get me to escape to an island paradise with bangin' music, beautiful people, and decadence abounding. How can you do this to me! lol...great review blueangel, catch y'all on Friday!!!

PS If you see a tall ass indian guy...say hi and good luck to him...he's leaving and he postponed his trip just to see pvd one last time...hopefully he won't read this, and he'll be rolling off his ass (if our damn dealer gets back to us!) this'll be my goodbye present to him...memories of ny clubs!

B2B,

That third picture in the first set you posted is a house in Na Xamena that I tried to get last summer. It's owned by this French couple that will NOT haggle. Their prices are firm, and they definitely won't rent for one week. Not surprisingly, though, it was not available for the closing parties last year by the time I arrived. I did go to Na Xamena to check it out. It's near the famous and Beautiful Hacienda hotel resort. This house is an amazing place. It really is. This would be an incredible party house. But they also want a security deposit ( which is quite reasonble considering what 8-12 clubkids could do to the place, not to mention the pre-parties that could be thrown there).

I ended up renting an apartment from the real estate broker who was also advertising this house. Her name is Doris and she runs Ibizaproperty.com. She is a sweet German lady who fell in love with Ibiza and decided to move there 30 years ago. She hasn't left and is incredibly happy. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case any of you are thinking of becoming permanent residents there.

Anyway, I would just let you know she was extremely honest in her dealings with me, and had a number of good places available. In fact, I'm actually considering buying a small apt. there if I decide I want to make this a more frequent vacationing site.

I'm going to check out a group of villas that are built in a square with a huge pool area in the middle. Supposedly in Cavallet (near Salinas). I'll give more info when I find out more.