Clubplanet Nightlife Community

House Music

I am a die hard NYC House house music fanatic.....as well as a fanatic of the many European Imports that are making their way into the venues....

However, I can't help but feel that some Chicago House music, (which I once thought to be tasteless), is actually sounding pretty phat. Bad Boy Bill blows, but I heard a compilation from Dj Naw-t-Boy that was actually fucking sick. Some Chicago house is hard, and is sounding better and better....

Anyone agree with me?

[This message has been edited by rudeboyyouth (edited 07-21-2000).]

Though to be tastless????

Let me tell you, since i have been here and listened to the track people like Frankie Knuckles were playing here in the late 70's early 80's i now know where most modern DJ's get there sound.

All that "Dancing, prancing" vocals... where did it come from Chicago (uptempo disco tune, later to be called house).

The whole deep sparce NY house sound the DT has made his own is exactly what was being played here in the early to mid 80's.

But yeh i agree that recently there are some great tracks comming out of here. Not just the Paul Johnson stuff but harder, deeper more soulfull stuff.

Chicago is definatley on the up again.