Clubplanet Nightlife Community

E more expensive, now. How much do you spend?

Snagged from the NY Times

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/a/AP-BRF-Ecstasy-Seizure.html

By The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Federal agents intercepted 2.1 million tablets of the drug MDMA, commonly known as Ecstasy. Valued at $40 million, officials said it was the biggest Ecstasy haul ever.

Saturday's seizure of nearly 1,100 pounds of Ecstasy at Los Angeles International Airport marked the high point of a 10-month investigation by authorities.

Three men were arrested Tuesday in connection with the operation, but authorities were still searching for Tamer Ibrahim, 26, of Los Angeles, the alleged ringleader.

The group has been linked to several other large seizures around the world, including 700 pounds found by U.S. Customs agents in 1999, authorities said.

Saturday's cache, found on a flight from Paris, represented one-fourth of the 8 million tablets of Ecstasy seized in the U.S. this year, officials said.

Ecstasy, a synthetic drug manufactured mostly in Europe, is commonly used at nightclubs and underground ``rave'' parties. In pill or liquid form, the drug is said to cause brain damage and have other side effects.

Originally posted by jdogg:

Ecstasy, a synthetic drug manufactured mostly in Europe, is commonly used at nightclubs and underground ``rave'' parties. In pill or liquid form, the drug is said to cause brain damage and have other side effects.

Heh, first off, this just sucks. You know, of that E, I bet I'd be doing some of it. That means that my prices just went up. Damn.

Now, for the quote. "is said to cause brain damage and have other side effects". Really? I thought the concensus was that it hadn't been around long enough/studied enough to be conclusive. Did I miss the Surgeon General's report somehwhere?

You ever notice how, when someone is found to have alcy in their car, you never hear stuff like that? [news voice]A 27 year old Manhattan man flipped his car last night on the Tri-Borough bridge. When investigated, police found a manufactured drug called Goldschlager. This drug is said to cause brain damage and other side effects{/news voice} You'd never hear that, and that is what pisses me off.

We can't have it, we can't donate it to study it, but it'll always have a bad reputation. Give me a break.

------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are the music makers,

and we are the dreamers of dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~