Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I HATE CHICAGO!

just venting, i had a mental relapse of when i had to stay in an airport in chicago over night and it was 65 degrees and the airline fucked everyone on the blankets and nothing was open 24 hours so no fucking coffee, fucking bastards...on another note, i can't stand chicago in general the music sucks these days...they need the next frankie knuckles to rejuvenate the scene...bad boy bill is garbage i dunno how people like his crap...anyway i think im back to normal now...

THE RYTHMN IS MY BITCH

Mac

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ILL HOUSE YOU:

bad boy bill is garbage i dunno how people like his crap...

I prefere Trance and Progressive DJ's like PVD and Tilt but I would love to hear Bad Boy Bill spin. I dunno bout u but his style is different to anyone else's I have heard and he can scratch like a muthafucka.

i just recently heard derrick carter....im assuming the vocal house that he was playing was what is out in chicago now....hmm..took me a while to actually get into it...but most of it sounds like regurgitated crap...just like the ny house scene right now(diva shit)...oh well.....im sure it will phase out...but will never go back to theeeeee old!

You know I have to answer.

Fortunately there is allot more to the scene that the people mentioned. Check out Lego, Psycho Bitch etc.

Tranza your man DT, all he does is copy vocals and beats from tunes that were big here in the 80's gay scene. Dancing, prancing, elements it's all just lifted. Don't know what you have got against Chicago (or anywhere else but NY), I have been looking back through some of your post and all you can say is this is crap that is crap. Don't you have anything constructive to say?

There is a post from ages ago that you were asking the clubmaster to get rid of all the board but NY, why?

The scene here isn't NY, clubs shut early and there is no where like the Tunnel, SF or twilo. But still there is a pretty good scene which is getting better. Same DJ's play here as in NY but the crowd here is less pretentious. There are no really big clubs but again give me 1000 real people enjoying quality music rather than 50000 anyway.

Look back at the history in music around this area. Chicago / Detroit (Motown, house, techno, Garage) since hip hop what came from NY?

It seems to me all people can do is argue about nothing and try to wind people up. If that's what rocks you boat that fine with me, but don't you think it's all a bit sad?

Ill house you,

I agree with you it would be good to have somebody like Knuckles not just for the Chicago scene but for everywhere. How he DJ'ed with that telephone headset I will never know!!

Everywhere in this world has good places and bad. When people start realizing that and not judging by there own limited knowledge we may move on from the same old same old.

If anybody wants in proving to them get yourself over for a weekend... let me change your mind. Remember I am not from Chicago I just live here, I am an outsider looking on objectively.

Some say Chicago is the future.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

top.gif

Sorry that wasn't constructive at all...Im too tired, to argue...Who cares if Danny lifted anything, the music is good, Danny has reinvented the wheel with his music, he has created something good, everyone samples now days or learns from the past...if he had done something bad with it that is a different story...DT can do no wrong in my eyes, the music coming out of chicago is just really weak now...it was good up until about maybe like a year ago maybe even two, now once in a while you get something good from out there...and it has nothing to do with where it started, house music started here in NY at almost the same time as it did in Chicago, remember, Frankie could have played here...I don't think the past matters now anyway, because it is what is going on now...and besides what good is your past if your present is failing...if anything by you saying your the pioneers of house you should be in the forefront of creating something better than what's going on now...this is a new era in house music, i think everyone knows that regardless of taste, fuck all the categories its all music, it's just whether it's bad or good, and has a lot to do with opinion of course...

I'm Out...

M

------------------

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Not going to get into the DT thing because it will just spiral into the slagging thing again. But I think he is a great DJ but it remains to be seen if he can produce.

I feel the same about good and bad music, but have to disagree that there isn't good stuff coming out of Chicago. There is good quality stuff coming out of the farthest reaches, Chicago included.

The past, history and the timescale are very important. If a DJ plays one bad set he shouldn't be judged in it, I know people are that fickle but can't agree with it.

Muthaload-

I think it was the crowd at Transit that didn't make the night good. Philly just isn't used to that type of music, at least in the club scene that is. Most of those who care to see DC spin are the ravers in the area. I like DC, but didn't really care for him that night. He was much better at Whistle 3, but then again the vibe was different b/c the kids were expecting what he played. Philly is pretty dumb when it comes to diversifying the music genre's they listen to, but what can you expect when there are only 3 or 4 clubs to choose from.

Just venting on Philly b/c I went to SF last Sat. and realized how much Philly clubs suck!

------------------

Keep it movin'!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com

Originally posted by cholo_40:

Muthaload-

I think it was the crowd at Transit that didn't make the night good. Philly just isn't used to that type of music, at least in the club scene that is. Most of those who care to see DC spin are the ravers in the area. I like DC, but didn't really care for him that night. He was much better at Whistle 3, but then again the vibe was different b/c the kids were expecting what he played. Philly is pretty dumb when it comes to diversifying the music genre's they listen to, but what can you expect when there are only 3 or 4 clubs to choose from.

Just venting on Philly b/c I went to SF last Sat. and realized how much Philly clubs suck!

I agree with you 100%. Thats why i'm in NYC almost every weekend. Philly clubs are good on occassion but in general there just ok. Actually, I think Transit has done a really good job of diversfying there DJ's. They are the first club in Philly to do that. I just didnt feel that night at all.

Not going to get into the DT thing because it will just spiral into the slagging thing again. But I think he is a great DJ but it remains to be seen if he can produce.

ARE YOU ON DRUGS?

remains to be seen if he can produce...what are you deaf or oblivious to good music...Example... FLASH WENT TO #1 ON THE BILLBOARDS DUE TO WHO'S REMIX? NOT TIMO MAAS' GIVE ME A BREAK...There is no need for this argument to happen that may just be the dumbest comment this board has yet to see, along with the plasmic honey post about hating DT...

it remains to be seen if he can produce

WHAT A JOKE...

------------------

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

Like i say Ill house you, that is my opinion which is different to yours.

Eifel 65, have been in the billboard 100. It is not a measure of quality music.

And to say no good music is comming out of Chicago is in my opinion is very stupid.

[This message has been edited by back2basics (edited 07-24-2000).]

Muthaload-

Drop me an email, b/c if you're hittin' up NY on the regular, maybe we can share the rides up. Me and my crew go up usually every other weekend, except for the past two months b/c I've been in between jobs. Let me know...

------------------

Keep it movin'!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com

READ WHAT I WROTE...I SAID THAT SOME GOOD MUSIC DOES COME FROM CHICAGO BUT THAT IT IS VERY SCARCE OR RARE THESE DAYS WHERE AS 1-2 YEARS AGO THERE WAS GOOD MUSIC...AND Frankie...Chicago may have "started" house music but it was by a marginal fraction, Frankie Knuckles could have DJed in NY, he did not...Big deal, your talking about a very small difference in time between NY & Chicago...So get a grip as far as that goes...Your Right I'm sorry the billboard doesn't mean shit, your totally right, it just has to do with sales...How about this, every DJ throughout new york and europe rocking the track, good enough for you? His track production is probably the tightest around...Name someone you consider to be a better producer...Im just curious...

-Mac

------------------

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

What's with the constant bitchin around here regarding which music is better, it doesn't really matter cause Music is a matter of personal choice. What happened to PLUR ? smile.gif

Personally I think that DT is off the hook...

But PVD is still GOD !!!

Good producers in my opinion.

MAW - because of the percusion used and the constantly changing sound.

Josh Wink - like him or hate him he is an originator.

David Homes - Just listen to "Bow down to the exit sign"

Hardfloor, St Germain, Dave Clark, Deep Dish.

Just a few off the top of my head.

I think we basically agree anyway just disagree on DT's production.

[This message has been edited by back2basics (edited 07-24-2000).]

I love you too B2B.. Wow, you must really be interested in me, if your doing some research on my posts..lol..

Chicago house is WACK.. Face it.. I'm not talking about Derrick Carter, I'm talkin Richard Humpty Vission, Bad Boy Bill noise that they call house.. It's horrible.. You dont like my opionon?? TOO BAD..

We will never agree on music, so why try??

Seems Chicago is really lacking, if you can manage to post on the new york message board 600 times in the past 2 months.. Get a life home boy..

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...

Originally posted by back2basics:

Tranza i know i always reasearch my subjects just trying to find out why your so bitter.

We do agree on something that BBB sucks. You see we can agree.

I have a life and by the sounds of it a much better on that you.

Now how would you know what goes on in my life?? Are you spying on me?? To I need to get an order of protection on you?? Are ou planning on killing me in my sleep??

Get off my nuts bro.. You dont like my outlook on things?? Then just dont read my posts, or just dont pay any attention to me.. Simple as that..

I'm a very angry person, that's why I might seem bitter to you.. I'm a fuckin raging lunatic.. So beware..

Have a wonderful evening.. biggrin.gif

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...