Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Drug crack down in Ibiza

A few people i know are either across there or have been back for a while. Some of the stories i am being told point to a crackdown in the selling of drugs. It's the first year i have herd of this but i think Ibiza's police are comming under preasure from the UK goverment to crack down on it. The following story wont help.

Anyway if your going this year just be a little more carefull than usual.

Frightening results from Liverpool’s John Moores University has shown only one in eight Ibizan tourist will take ecstasy every night of the holiday. And we thought you lot were caners? No, in all seriousness, the survey of over 1000 people showed 42% of Ibiza-flockers take ecstasy on the island on more than 5 occasions.

High percentages also confirm an almost accepted use of cannabis, LSD and coke. Foreign office figures reveal only one person died from drugs in Ibiza last year. Meanwhile arrests for drug use grew last season by 45% to 44 arrests in ’99. A similar rise this season would mean around 3 arrests per week.

Meanwhile Ayia Napa has began a UK based campaign to let sun seekers know that the law is very different in Cyprus. Speaking on Radio 1, a resort spokeswoman said “In Ayia Napa you just cant get away with what you do back home. Do not bring drugs to the island. The police will come down extremely hard.” Visitors to the newly dubbed ‘garage island’ are advised by their reps to flush all their ‘special imports’ down the toilets. Personally I can’t see that happening. When have you ever used a toilet abroad that actually flushes!

written by Nick Stevenson

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

top.gif

I dunno . . . I didn't see any discretion anywhere when I was there. Inside the clubs and outside . . . people were justing doing everything all the time and I saw two police men . . maybe twice during my whole stay. PLUS the customs at the airport was . . . can you say, " A BREEZE."

BlueAngel

------------------

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

It was partly what U said that switched me onto it Blue. Cafe Del Mar and Mambo have been selling for years.. then suddenly this year they stop?!

Now my friends starting to go over and they have been told by people we know that there have been many shakedowns. There has been a few big bust's on the island and due to another few deaths on the roads they are stopping quiet a few people and searching their cars. The English consulate resigned last year due to the "irresponsible activities of Brits abroad" and I think with all this research they are having to do some token busts