HOME DENY TWILO PURCHASE

Home have denied industry rumours that they’re buying New York’s Twilo club,

currently home to the infamous monthly residency of Sasha and Digweed. “We

definitely haven’t bought Twilo,” Darren Hughes exclusively told muzikweekly,

"but we are looking at three separate clubs in New York at the moment, so

negotiations are ongoing. We’re hoping to make a decision in the next few

months.” Home are rumoured to be looking at two clubs and one ‘unusual venue’

in New York right now. Hughes has promised to reveal more in an exclusive

interview with Muzik in the October issue.

Home aren’t the only organisation looking to the US for business opportunities.

Birmingham superclub God’s Kitchen have just announced details of their

stateside debut at The Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas on Wednesday November 22nd.

The event is expected to draw at least 5,000 punters and stars Lisa Lashes and

Fergie alongside club residents AJ Gibson and Daniel Soto.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

top.gif

i hope they get a big ass venue like exit, and then put a sick system in. that'll be the best of both worlds. we'll have twilo and their djs and you know home'll get some savage talent in here. the key is to get a big venue though. twilo is pushing the limits.

------------------

deez nuts

pooH, I can't agree with you more. My bf and I were saying the same thing! Perfection would be Exit with Twilo sound system and real DJs (i.e. PVD, S&D, Lawler, Sanchez ect. ect.) spinning there. Oooohhhhh . . . at least I have my dreams.

bounce.gif Now I'm too excited!!

BlueAngel

------------------

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write,

but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn."

By Alvin Toffler.

Well home have a huge backer so anything is possible. But i would be more excited about Cream, dont know if you know but the guy who started Home was an ex owner of Cream. Sonce the split the two guys have been trying to out do each other.

Aparently Cream are looking for a venue in NY 2.

That's it!!! I'm just gonna have to get down on my knees tonight and pray real hard. PLEASE let it happen. Let it happen! Let it happen! silly.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write,

By Alvin Toffler.

Thats the first that I hear that Cream wants something in NY too. I figured that after the raid in Liverpool, that would of put them out of business. Apparently not since they're continuing to do tours all over the globe.

I would love to hear Yousef tear it up here in NY.

Nolimit,

No they are ok over the raid they got there licence back. The thing is Cream works with the police in a big way and they put money back into Liverpool so they have a good relation with the local council.

Yeh it's just a rumor at the moment (i know somebody who works for them), but it look likely to happen.

In my opinion the Cream team are the best promoters in the world.... they wouldn't book Judge Jules!

Yousef is amazing only got to see him once before i came across but he is going to be big by all acounts. But i am going for NYE so i will see.

[This message has been edited by back2basics (edited 07-28-2000).]

What about webster hall? Isn't that place kinda big? I've never been there but I heard it was kinda big.

I still think they should buy-out Exit though.

BlueAngel

------------------

By Alvin Toffler.

man cream home, bring them all on! only thing is they'll have to buy out existing venues with cabaret license, so it could get tricky, but it definately would seal the fate of the ny cheese house. imagine that, every weekend you can choose out of 3 quality parties! tunnel would be a prime candidate for a takeover, and a great venue for quality parties! i doubt if exit or webster hall would sell though cause they both make good money, but u never know. i hope something pans out. keep the updates rollin b2b.

------------------

deez nuts

[This message has been edited by p00h (edited 07-28-2000).]

I might be headed across the pond for NYE as well. I don't know which party tho. I'll have to see.

GC2000 was alright but definitely NOT worth the money.

Hopefully, they'll have a Tyrant party. That would be the one I would go to...

HOME & Cream in NYC. That's too good to be true. The end of the NY cheez house era!! Wishfull thinking...

[This message has been edited by Nolimit (edited 07-28-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Nolimit (edited 07-28-2000).]

Herd alot of bad things about the Gatecrasher do (music not load enough, and just too big etc).

Some of the lesser nights are better in the UK, everybody seems to thing the Gatecrasher is what the UK is about but nights like Passion in Coalville and Back to Basics, Leeds, NY Sushi in Shefiled, Trade, Gallery kick arse on Crasher.

Get yourself to cream nolimit.. it always goes off, and they have 2 rooms and a room for live acts like Les Rythem Digitales etc.

I guess we're lucky over here becos home built their own 3 level club overlooking the harbour, probably the best venue in Australia...then 12 months later the other quality venue (sublime) closed and took over friday nite @ home & rolled their three nites into one.......so now friday nites @ home have main arena hard house/techno/tech-house, one room breaks, one room d'n'b, top level funky house..... biggrin.gif

Thing is I used to work for sublime over here so now I know the promoters @ home here real well, I'll see if I can find out whats happening with home in NYC cool.gif

------------------

..................coming soon to a dancefloor near you------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

Boao-boy,

I've heard some bad things about home sydney. Some say that it's too commercial and the crowd is cheezy. I wouldn't know, I've never been to either of them.

I know the line-ups are looking a lot better ever since Oakey left the London venue.

He is supposedly going to do Cream like once a month. I guess he's gotta make the northerners happy. It seems like they're the ones that appreciate him more.

I'll probably go see Oakey when he comes to the Hamptons. Hernan Cattaneo is set to open up for him. He is the resident at Pacha in Buenos Aires. I've heard good things about him...

Fill us in on the skinny Boa boy!

Nolimit.....

home as a club gets 2500 ppl every fri nite, packing the place out, so it is in no way underground...having said that there are a lot of clubs which are a lot more commercial/cheesy...because of its location and the fact its brand spankin new you would be hard pressed to find a better 'space' anywhere in the world, and thats from talking to European folk who have been EVERYWHERE cool.gif

from seeing what they've done here the crew behind home definitely have their collective heads screwed on, this past new years eve for example they put on a beach party 'mobile home' @ bondi beach (where the olympic beach volleybal will be) starring Carl Cox...8000ppl... as well as packing out the club...it will be interesting to see what they have in store for NYC!

------------------

..................coming soon to a dancefloor near you------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

Nolimit, us "northerners" are always happy anyway!! lol.

I am not very keen on home in London.. well I went to the opening party and then went a month after and it was still very touristy or the Eastenders cast etc. I think they could have done a better job on the layout, with all that cash.

Boao-boy, I herd that Carl Cox gig (was it on bondie beach?) went off. It looked like a beautiful setting. Shame the people who hand out licenses over here wouldn't let something like that happen.

But i have herd that it is now getting there, so i am going over Christmas again.

back2basics & nolimit.....

Sydney is definitely the place to be over thexmas-new year.....every weekend from October until Easter there are at least a couple of internationals, NYE typically has maybe 10 from all over the world.....apparently mobile home on new years was great, otherwise at various points over summer there's vibes on a summers day @ bondi beach, harbour cruises every other weekend, New Years Day even has a harbourside pool party.....it's probably something to do with the fact it's midsummer and a lot warmer than the northern hemisphere! cool.gif

This also means I'm going to freeze my butt off when I head over in October!

------------------