Clubplanet Nightlife Community

tonight who's going

joeybeltram.gif

QUEENZ ALLSTAR GRAFFITI ARTIST JOEY BELTRAM

AKA "POES"

As a 'subway surfer' he belonged to a generation of kids, whose images show obvious traces of their "feeling for survival and life" in the New York subways. "Poes" is his pseudonym, which still can be found, once in a while, as the signature under some of the big, colourful graffiti works -- whenever Mr. Beltram feels the urge and strolls around the city to find abandoned buildings which satisfy his urge for 'spraying'.

That urge is still there, but nowadays he uses a different outlet for his creative energies: music. In 1983, at the age of twelve, he stood behind a turntable for the first time, and by 17 he had recorded his first maxi single -- for Nu Groove in New York. Then followed a series of releases for Atmosphere Records and Easy Street, NY - and Trax Records in Chicago, under the project name Cold Six "Forgotten Moments" (1989). This "first official EP", as he calls it, established contact for him with the belgian label R&S Records, which ended up signing him to a recording contract.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BREAKTHROUGH

At the end of 1989 Beltram went to Gent - his favorite city in Europe, by the way, -- to work there for a longer period, as the first american musician who did so. The result of his cooperation with Mundo Music as Second Phase was "Vortex" and "Mentasm"; "Let it ride", released under the project name Direct opened his way into the US, "with a little derivation through Europe". But his worldwide breakthrough came with the release of "Energy Flash" in 1990. This Techno classic also succeeded in getting the new club generation onto the dance floors, in no time at all, again and again.

------------------

When the going gets weird

the weird turns pro... docmorph.gif

[This message has been edited by gonzojournilist (edited 09-02-2000).]

Yea yea I am in fact going!! And I gots all my "goodies" for the night.

My good friend Alexis will be performing on stage with her girls so dont miss that! Thats actually the only reason I am going tonight...lol

Anyone need a <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">guest list</A> for Limelight tonight...gimme a call on my cell 1-973-818-5414!

Bye all See ya there.....

------------------

~*~* You.....You gotta gift! ~*~*