Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Search policies in NY?

I was speaking to a friend a few nights ago trying to find info about Home and Cream's move to NY. In the UK most "super" clubs have had to change there search pollicies, start working with the police, put video camera's in the toilets etc. If you go to Ministry or Cream, you may get frisked and have to empty your pockets etc.

Now I know how paranoid things are getting in NY and there is rumor of the above clubs having a few problems with officials.

So the question is, do they search? How diligent are they? Is it just people who look dodgy or do they search everybody?

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

ani.GIF

Originally posted by back2basics:

I was speaking to a friend a few nights ago trying to find info about Home and Cream's move to NY. In the UK most "super" clubs have had to change there search pollicies, start working with the police, put video camera's in the toilets etc. If you go to Ministry or Cream, you may get frisked and have to empty your pockets etc.

Now I know how paranoid things are getting in NY and there is rumor of the above clubs having a few problems with officials.

So the question is, do they search? How diligent are they? Is it just people who look dodgy or do they search everybody?

you say cream is planning on coming over, I only heard Home was ... really that would be even better ...

As far as clubs searching people ...

Limelight is a joke, no search at all on saturdays, at least everytime I ever went, same with centro fly, You could walk in into limelight w/ a shotgun & case of beer in your jacket & not have a problem(i wouldn't suggest it, though)

Twilo has a metal detector you walk through , no frisk or anything ... I think Tunnel & SF search you the "most" , but still even then not enough cause there's still mad shit floating around those places ...

------------------

dancer-10.gif Put some pep in your step DANCER-11.GIF

[This message has been edited by frankie_pep (edited 09-06-2000).]

the search at lime light is a joke on fridays, ive never been searched and a friend brought a bottle and a chaser in with him, twilo only went onece and walke right in at 6am, tunnel is also a joke. the pat down is extremely light. Exit on fridays can be tough. if you look fucked upp be careful. otherwise i always talk to the guy while he searches and he takes it easy. and sound factory i have no idea, last time i was there was about 7 months ago

------------------

i only speak the truth

peace

i like when the searchhes are rough..

i do not feel safe walkin to a whole like tunnel wit so many dirty kids and only haveing the bounces tap my chest and let me walk in.... not safe and that is why they have so much trouble

------------------

oasis guestlist

201-725-8858, oasis9389@aol.com

yeah Limelight and Twilo don't have much off a search policy, however Twilo does have a metal detector and sometimes they do pat people down if they think you are fucked up. Personally I think that Exit and Vinyl (recently) have the strongest searches, maybe cause of the recent raids. In either case I am assuming that if Home or Cream are coming to NY they will take over Twilo or Exit and leave the smaller club alone.

The question however is if Home takes over Exit will that mean that PVD,Sasha n Digweed,CC and the other top DJ's will spin there rather then at Twilo ? I guess it comes down to who pays more money...my guess would be the brit boys.

------------------

Legalize n Advertize

I spoke to one of my mates who is a promoter with home over here....they have picked a venue already in NY, it is big and very well known ,otherwise they are being very secretive about the whole thing wink.gif

------------------

..................coming soon to a dancefloor near you------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

oasis is definetly right. its not like they can just come in and take over an established club like exit. making way too much money.

now on the other hand, roxy really doesn't have much going on for itself at all except the gay saturday w/ victor calderone. Now that would most likely be the easiest place to take over and you know practicality has to be playing a role. Not to mention, if oakenfold were to be the resident or have any say whatsoever, then he prolly would lean toward roxy being as thats really the only club he seems to spin at here.

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

oasis is definetly right. its not like they can just come in and take over an established club like exit. making way too much money.

now on the other hand, roxy really doesn't have much going on for itself at all except the gay saturday w/ victor calderone. Now that would most likely be the easiest place to take over and you know practicality has to be playing a role. Not to mention, if oakenfold were to be the resident or have any say whatsoever, then he prolly would lean toward roxy being as thats really the only club he seems to spin at here.

-Rob

I think that Oakie only spins at Roxy cause he had a fight with the Twilo management. In either case, as long as PVD still spins at Twilo that's where I'm going on friday nite....other then that, Vinyl is probably the best kept secret in NY and DT the best resident DJ IMHO. smile.gif

------------------

Legalize n Advertize

it really doesn't make a difference why he doesn't spin anywhere else, whether hit be a fight w/ twilo managment or anything. its still the only place he spins and is my definetly my first guess for as to where home will be biggrin.gif

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

2 words........WEBSTER HALL

smile.gif

------------------

"This MuTha Fucka!! comes up to me!!! , and pulls out his D---,And gets all up in My shit, and has the mutha fukn nerve to ask "Am i hurting you" i was like "Mutha fucka, you are tickaling me, get your fat,crust,skanky,wanna be down"Fat ass off me............and pay me my 20 bucks!>> Sweet Pussy Pauline(NYC)