Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I have a question

I have a question, when and where is the point in a dj's career that he "goes main stream" or "sells out going commercial". I'm not quite sure I understand this. Their has been mention to specific dj's who I wouldn't consider "main stream" although others posting feel that they are. I know that some performers or dj's sell out to make more money and I can understand this. I don't know, maybe this isn't a good question but I got nothing better to do with myself.

OH-YEAH you gotta check this out http://www.kournikova.iwarp.com/

i think the asnswer to this question really depends on who you ask......for some it's sacrificing your principles for $$$$....some people just get jealous and think people "sell out" when they're mainstream...but just because you have a large fan base doesn't mean you've sold out....you'll hear alot of people criticize the bigger DJ's for that....i think that attitude has to do with jealousy.....but I would have to say "selling out" is when you do things you wouldn't normally do for the wrong reasons.....hey, everyone has done it...sometimes ya have to give a little to get alot more.......just my opinion......

------------------

lightinggirl@hotmail.com

Usually the ones complaining about a dj selling out are the people that are broke. These are the ones that can't afford to spend $40 to go to a massive that a dj is spinning at and complain he's a sellout. Look around ppl it's all about the almighty $$$$$$$$. If you could get paid $20,000 for a 2 hour set you'd sell out too. Noone give me shit either about being true to the scene cause that's all bullshit. Look around you the scene isn't what it used to be. You have 16 year old rich kids running around wearing

the most expensive Jnco's and Adidas all 8up. Back in the day ravers were poor we wore just plain t shirts and got creative with our clothes. The big highlight was saving up enough money to get platforms put on our shoes. The dj's see this new wave of kids with money and so they ask for more money. I don't blame them one bit.