Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Gurning" an Olympic sport?

I dont know what you call it over here, but you know the faces people pull when on E? In England it's called effectionaly called gurning.

This is an actual story from the BBC

---------------------------------------------

A Sheffield based vaulenrty movement the "Gurn Forum" have reportedly contacted the international Olympic commission in an attempt to recognise "gurning" as an Olympic event.

Following in the footsteps of golf and chess lovers the Gurn Forum lead by chairman Bruce Robson have asked the IOC to officially recognise what they claim to be an increasingly popular sport. Speaking from his home yesterday Mr Robinson said " Gurning is has risen in popularity immensely over the last few years. It has developed from an OAP's pastime to that of a much wider spectrum of people and is increasingly popular with young people and especially night-club goers."

The IOC are currently unavailable to comment on the Gurn Forums application but a scource close to the application committee said that the chance of the "sport" becoming officially recognised were slim. Announcements concerning the inclusion of golf and other sports in the games are expected later this month shortly before the start of the games.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

ani.GIF