Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Holocaust Club Outrage

Holocaust Club Outrage

A nightclub has been opened in a Polish warehouse that was used by the Nazis as part of the notoriously horrific Holocaust Camp, Auschwitz.

Officials from the Simon Wiesenthal Centre (the Jewish Human Rights Organisation) met with Oswiecmen (Auschwitz) officials at the beginning of this week to tell them that if the nightclub is not shut down, they will boycott the town. The town officials claim that they are tired of Oswiecem being viewed only as a memorial and a graveyard and say that the club will not interfere the memorial site. But as the Simon Wiesenthal Centre's Dean says 'It is clear that the only support for this discotheque comes from local authorities in Oswiecem. Its very existance is an assault on memory.'

One and a half million people were murdered at Auschwitz.The memorial site lies just over a mile away from the nightclub. It is difficult not to agree with the words of one Auschwitz survivor, Jozef Garlinski, who said 'I'm surprised a discotheque should be situated in the vicinity of the camp, as if there was no other place in Poland for it.'

Nightclubs are about escapism, fun - a place to forget. To forget the vast atrocity of these mass murders is to undermine the horror of all those who suffered. The bottom line is this: Could you reach that euphoric dancefloor high, knowing that the dancefloor beneath your feet stands on the grounds where a million and a half men, women and children were gassed, tortured and murdered? Perhaps Hitler's colossal graveyard, the result of the Nazi's 'Final Solution' is far from the ideal place for a nightclub.

NAZI DRUG REPORT:

clubbed also has some interesting facts about Hitler's sinister drug of choice, yaba:

Yaba - the Nazi narcotic:

Originally made by the Nazis to keep troops awake for long periods of time

A.K.A crazy medicine

It is a derivative of amphetamine, but much quicker and cheaper to make.

Made from salt, house-hold cleaning products, lithium from batteries.

Yaba comes in pill form and creates intense visuals and hallucinations.

Side effects:Sleep deprivation, lung and kidney disorder. Disturbing hallucinations such as the sensations of bugs under the skin. Severe depression during withdrwal.

Yaba is more popular than heroin in the Far East. It is relatively unknown in the UK but there are reports to suggest that yaba producers plan to target the area.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

flag-UK.gif

Originally posted by djchris:

Sometimes I print them out and bring them to the shitter with me. Fuck the news papers.

LOL, i get loads of stuff by email, most of it's just shit but ocasionaly you get something good.

Yeh shits good, not getting out enough but apart from that. The shits hitting the fan in Chicago bloody undercover asking everybody in the clubs for drugs and stuff so i am lying low.

Still hammering that CD by the way... ahh the old days... it's just not the same bla bla bla!

What about you, getting much work?

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

flag-UK.gif

Ahh just the same old shit. Real busy - you know the deal. I still have your address - I'm gonna go back into time and mix a nice fat holy shit I forgot about these songs CD for ya. Well keep it real. See ya on another post.

Chris

------------------

It's all in the music