Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What does it take to open a club of your own?

Are you fucking kidding me? What do you think it takes to open a club in NYC? Your $200,000 if that's even what you are making won't even cover the crums on the club's table. Your lease monthly can be as high as $250,000 for a big venue. That's just a lease. Decorations, design, consulting usually will run you a few mil. Keep in mind we're talking about a club, you're gonna wanna compete with other places, right? and be around for awhile. Permits, licenses, and all the other beuracracy = another $500,000. That's if you don't have anyone to pay off. Then throw in promotion, the bar, security, managment, phone lines, lighting, sound system and you got another $300,000 or so. And all this will only make you $ if you know what the hell you are doing. The bottom line Kid is that unless you have about 5 to 10 mil stashed away under your pillow you should stick to the internet business. BTW $5-10mil will get you a midsize club at best, AKA SPA.

money wise i have it down...as far as what i need,

stop dreaming and keep working at starbucks. you don't know shit about clubs and you want to risk millions of $??

i don't think you have the $ to venture in clubs, if you do, buy a house and invest instead.

Originally posted by trippintrance64:

do you think that knowing promoters is a good resource too? think that can preform the good old "hook up" with a promotions job? put in a good word? you know?

-al-

Originally posted by gonzojournilist:

Get down with the mafia...

Thats basically it ... well that, and a shit load of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

------------------

dancer-10.gif Put some pep in your step DANCER-11.GIF

Honestly, the mistake that mosty people make on these boards is the following:

THEY MAKE TOO MANY GOD DAMN ASSUMPTIONS!!

When i said that i have the $ thing down, i was refering to having it figured out to what i need. Im not saying that i have 3 million dollars to start a club. Shit if i did have it, starting a club would be one of the last things on my mind.

Secondly, I do not work at starbucks. smile.gif

I work for a large growing internet company. Don't insult my intelligence, just b/c I have an imagination, and I ask people what they think takes to open a club.

YESSH!! CALM DOWN! smile.gif

an in w/ a or many city officials

a good marketing sense

a LOT of money- i guess thats the in w/ city officials right there biggrin.gif lol

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."