Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Absinthe

my friend brought some back from the czech republic and after we were pretty fucking wasted he poured us each a large shot. i necked it all but my throat had other ideas and half of it i sprayed around the room. i've never tasted anything so disgusting - maybe the czech stuff sucks. good luck on your next mission.

------------------

==================================================

he he he he ha ha - but this is no laughing matter

I have 4 bottles at home - the real stuff, with wormwood. straight from teh czech republic. also have the funky glasses and the slotted spoon for the sugar.

I've tried to drink it with some of my friends, but they don't have much of a tolerance for the 110 proof green fairy.

I haven't had enough to get the visions, but not doubt - it's strong.

Was it green and did it taste a little minty?

Did it burn hard on the way down? If so then it was the real thing. I once left about an inch in a clear plastic cup and went to the movies, when I came back, the cup was melted. cwm32.gif

------------------

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. icon26.gif -BJ

A had a couple of bottles imported from overseas. Mary Mayans and Swiss Le Bleue. If they were the watered down version I don't think I could handle the real thing. We were feeling pretty good after a couple of shots but then we smoked a little and everything went crazy. It was like an acid "buzz" without the tripping aspect of it all mixed with a generous portion of paranoia and stoned out happiness.

absinthe is fucking great!!!

Yeah you need the stuff with a high proportion of Wormwood in it.

It's not Illegal in the US but is Illegal to sell as it is treated as a drug. But you can import it, there are a few site on the net. The good stuff is about $60 a bottle. We ordered 4 bottles between a few people and it worked out cheaper.

Did you do it by caramelizing sugar etc?

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

uk_md_wht.gif

Yeah we used the spoon and the sugar cube like good ol' Ernest Hemmingway. I went through four or five shots worth in a sitting -from what I've read three is usually enough but I'm on the big end of the scale so a little more worked better for me. The taste isn't bad at all - kinda like an anisette flavored whiskey.

I have the Sebor Absinth, which is pretty good. Tastes like Sambuca, which is like licorice.

That's scary about melting the cup. Why leave it in a cup when you can use it to melt your brain?

too bad they don't serve it up in the bars here. . .we'd have a grand ol' time if they did.