Clubplanet Nightlife Community

plasticman!

apdiddy

ended up at twilo by default lastnite, as we got to vinyl round 3 and the pigs told us to beat it. upon ariving at twizles an 'industy insider' told me dt was in the house checkin out the plastic man. all i gotta say is wow. i'm not even a techohead, and i didnt enjoy the ultimate base party the 2 times i went. but this guy was sick! he had twilo locked, and the music was awesome. from the mixing to the track selection to his read of the crowd it was sick. definately got schooled. did anyone close it out? what time?

------------------

cwm42.gifhttp://www.sausagenet.co.uk/pi/grapeape1.jpg grapeape

for real, best kept secret in twilo land as far as im concerned. i got there early for a change, because i checked out Marwan his D&B skills at Downtime at like 10. nice party, very chill with the people who know. arrived at twilo at like 12, acquaviva was tearin it up, and was the perfect lead in to plastikman. couldn't help but to dance, which wore me out in the end. didnt close it out, had to boogie at 6:30, still sounded phenominal, but i couldnt stand anymore.

my crew ran deep last night... lots of techno heads, ran into a guy that CM introduced me to, who thinks of ritchie as GOD. (yo steve, saw Mike there...lol) mike pointed out to me as we couldnt help but watch ritchie work the 909, that true to his tour, not only does he work the 909 like a champ, but he uses the efx to the limit, fabulous dark sounds, intriguing innovation.

the peeps i was with like to camp out and claim the dance space to the left of the dj booth, by the corner of the bar. which works great because it's not a high traffic area. (i'll later be shot for giving up this secret, but if you like to dance and smile, you're more than welcome to join anytime)

anyway, at like 3 i look up at just the right moment to see mr. tenaglia walk right past me, i did a double take, and looked at my lady to realize she noticed him too. we were sober, so there was no question. sure enough, he was in the dj booth with the heads until almost 4. at that time the thought hadnt crossed my mind that vinyl had gotten shut down again, just thought danny was paying his respects, which he certainly did by the looks of it. a few of us shook hands with him as he departed, paid him our respects, he greeted us with huge smiles and he was on his way.

a nice touch to a perfect night....

hope y'all enjoyed

stephen

------------------

conflict is what i predict...

i, as well, saw DT in the booth for a bit. . . knew something was up at Vinyl. . . does that raid make twice in a month??

anyway, richie had everyone goin' all night long. i arrived around 1am and everyone was dancing. . . an amazing feat. by 2:30am, everyone was under the spell of the plastikman. . . there were at least three times where the entire crowd were completely out of their heads, only to have Richie change it up and watch them all shake their heads in disbelief for what they had just heard. . .

i closed the place down with about 200 people pleading for more. . .

and my normal area is to the left of the dj booth, and the left of the back bar, on the platform, near the steps that everyone sits on. . . low traffic and great peeps. . .

magical night cwm11.gif

------------------

"The laughter was like a drug, but what was more like a drug was the drugs."

[This message has been edited by noiseboy (edited 09-24-2000).]

Caught every note Plastikman played. He closed about 7:30. What a show. The guy's a pure techno genius. Hung by the old DJ booth all night (some things never change). He works the efx like no DJ I've seen thus far. He was bangin' away for a good three hours when he dropped down this beautiful track, the first slow melodic piece he spun. Anyone know what the track was?

[This message has been edited by bmlewis (edited 09-25-2000).]

Wahay, more Richie converts...

Ah it's good to see. Thats what makes himwhat he is, he just never stops amazing me. No matter how hard it's pumping he always knows how to raise the crowd even by droping the tempo. And mixing skills, well is there anybody else?

Gota give coxy his dues for being silky smooth, Roger Sanchez for his hard work.. but Richie IS GOD.

Cheers for the reviews, gota wait a few weeks before he hits Chi-Town again icon15.gif

Remember, Sssshhh.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

I can resist anything but temptation.

uk_md_wht.gif

Probably. It was just out of the blue, beautiful and perfect. The man was in control. I love the hard stuff, but I was really into the last hour or so when he brought it down and smoothed it out. I spent the night clean and sober and I'm glad, b/c I can remember every beat. You notice the number of people being kicked out? Every time I looked up they booting people. Wish I had gone up front. I haven't seen DT since the Tunnel daze.... but I guess that's my fault.

Originally posted by bmlewis:

Probably. It was just out of the blue, beautiful and perfect. The man was in control. I love the hard stuff, but I was really into the last hour or so when he brought it down and smoothed it out. I spent the night clean and sober and I'm glad, b/c I can remember every beat. You notice the number of people being kicked out? Every time I looked up they booting people. Wish I had gone up front. I haven't seen DT since the Tunnel daze.... but I guess that's my fault.

yeah security was extratite, even for twilo standards.

------------------

cwm42.gifhttp://www.sausagenet.co.uk/pi/grapeape1.jpg grapeape