Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FYI-B=Gov't plans to implement charge to all o/going emails

marjorie

Heard this on the radio a few days ago: The government is currently discussing to implement a nominal charge (think its $.05) on all outgoing e-mails. I personally think this is really f...d up... As if we don't pay enough for our monthly service for internet usage.. The reason for adding this charge is b/c the US Post Office is losing an enourmous amount of money, due to this new wave of technology which is so widely utilized today. From what I hear, there is a petition going around with efforts of trying to prevent this enforcement...

Just wanted to share this piece of info and get your thoughts...

Guest crystalmethodny

Hey Exeq -

How are you sweetie?

-- I heard that too, personally, I dont think it could and will happen. It would take a lot to monitor /all/ emails...

Then we'll have pirate email boxes...

What a mess.

Big Brother is watching.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

this might b a hoax, but it is founded in truth. every so often, a senator or some other clueless bastard in DC will bring this up. i watch c-span once in a while and ive heard it. the gov would love to do shit like this, but its a logistical impossibility. dont kid yourself into thinking this stuff will never happen. as the conglomeration of servers and providers continues, soon there will be more potential for regulation.

------------------

i love music!